Payment problems

beauvoir is off-line
03 September 2012 05:41
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

I did some work for a company recently and sent them an invoice of payment. One and a half weeks later I still haven't been paid. I contacted them and they said there was a problem with my invoice. I fixed the problem (it was a layout issue) and resent it. This was on Thursday. They replied saying that the money should be in my account Monday. It isn't. I emailed them and I've had no response.

Usually I'd wait it out but I'm supposed to work for them again soon but I don't want to work for them whilst panicking that they might not pay me. I don't know what to do.

Any advice? x

Pict is off-line
03 September 2012 05:51
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Kent
Rochester

Seems a bit early to start worrying too much. If you are sure they are a reputable company hold on a bit longer would be my advice

Peter Hague is off-line
03 September 2012 05:52
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Perhaps your account doesn't show Mondays transactions until close of business? Check with your bank to see if you have any action on your account not yet shown.

If not, phone them, explain the payment hasn't shown as promised and ask for a solution.

If they don't, then just cancel the future work. No point in working for someone who isn't going to pay you. It's difficult to do, but there's no point in you being the sucker. Let them tag someone else with that badge.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

beauvoir is off-line
03 September 2012 05:56
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

You guys are right, I think I'm panicking too early. If the money isn't in my account 9am tomorrow morning, I'll email them. They're a big company (not big as in reputable, though they are, just that they have a lot to do) so I don't want to hassle them with a stupid payment issue.

I'll hold on and if they're not in touch at least by tomorrow, I'll ask for more halp!

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
03 September 2012 06:05
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Bigger the company, slower the payment.
A lot pay at the end of the month then add 2 or 3 days for it to show up in your account.
I wouldn't worry before Thursday morning.

I'm really pleased when I'm paid in 30 days.
Often it's 3 months.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

beauvoir is off-line
03 September 2012 06:28
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

But they said they would pay me each Friday. Friday came and went, and they assured me the money would be with me on Monday. Monday's here and the money isn't. If they have no intention of paying me on a set date, why say otherwise?

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
03 September 2012 07:08
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Ah - if they are paying every Friday, then the money should arrive on the same day each week.

Mind you, when I pay the kids (from the company account), it takes about 3 days to show up in their bank accounts because they have a different bank from mine.

If they are likely to be a regular customer, I'd give it a few more days.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

Megan Reynolds is off-line
03 September 2012 07:21
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

I know CCbill say they pay every monday but its reaches my bank at 11am tuesday every week - are they an american company? If so I think it takes an additional day (and longer if they have any holidays)

Aegean is off-line
03 September 2012 08:49
AegeanSoft
Photographer
AegeanSoft
London

I pay my models in cash on the day. They do the work on time and to agreed levels and I think it only fair to pay them when they have finished. It is the way I was brought up as a Yorkshireman, never a borrower nor a lender be!

On the other hand some companies I deal with can be right sods paying my invoices on time!

I think in this business, especialy if adult content is being shot, a model should have the righful expectation of being paid in cash on the day.

www.aegeansoft.com Adult and fetish web site designers photographers and video producers

beauvoir is off-line
03 September 2012 11:11
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Quote from AegeanSoft
I pay my models in cash on the day. They do the work on time and to agreed levels and I think it only fair to pay them when they have finished. It is the way I was brought up as a Yorkshireman, never a borrower nor a lender be!

On the other hand some companies I deal with can be right sods paying my invoices on time!

I think in this business, especialy if adult content is being shot, a model should have the righful expectation of being paid in cash on the day.

Though I appreciate the input, this doesn't answer the question at hand, it merely serves as a springboard for you to tell us all the way you conduct your business. It's a good way of doing it, but it's none of my concern.

I spoke to the finance director of the company who told me the money would be in my account late today (it isn't) or first thing tomorrow (fingers crossed). If it isn't in there by Thursday, I won't do any more business with the company. I'd rather lose money than lose time chasing it up.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 DanielleWx Kerrylou mandymack RoxyMendez Vellocet
ad360photo Beemer2009 Blancho copperbronze duncanjames eclipsephoto funky HarishPadalia John_Adrian_Studios Mike103 pandaface read RichardJohnPhotograp riddell rossiter Scotography skymouse Spiritofwales TinDolls zzdigital
Discretion