Reminder Secure

Roaccutane.....

Maria Bird is off-line
02 September 2012 16:34
bigbumpa
Model

Bristol

Hello everyone
Im starting Roaccutane on Tuesday and i am excited to start as my skin has been awful since i was younger.
I just wanted to know peoples experiences or anyone who knows people who have been on this medication as dont really know what to expect!
Thanks
Maria

toast is off-line
02 September 2012 16:53
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

Hey Maria!

I used roaccutane about 15 years ago when I had pretty aweful skin. I don't rightly remember how long I was on it but eventually stopped - it was clearing up my skin but I went from not needing moisturiser to having to use loads to keep my face from drying out. 15 years on and my skin is only now getting back to normal. Hopefully, the drug had gotten better over time though. Good luck!

Melissa Melissa is off-line
02 September 2012 18:06
honeybee1985
Model

London
london

Hi Maria

I work with skin care and lasers and we have clients on roacutaine, you may see it get worse before it gets better

It's good to use some medical skincare regime to also control it depending on the serveity

Drink lots of water - always great to keep the skin dehydrated
Thanks

Maria Bird is off-line
02 September 2012 19:45
bigbumpa
Model

Bristol

Thanks for replying :-) yeh I heard its supposed to get worse before it gets better and skin supposed 2 get really dry, jus hope its all eorth it in the end as my skin has depressed me for years, wud be nice to feel confident!

Razoir is off-line
03 September 2012 05:24
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote from TravellingToast
Hey Maria! I used roaccutane about 15 years ago when I had pretty aweful skin. I don't rightly remember how long I was on it but eventually stopped - it was clearing up my skin but I went from not needing moisturiser to having to use loads to keep my face from drying out. 15 years on and my skin is only now getting back to normal. Hopefully, the drug had gotten better over time though. Good luck!

Medicines do not 'get better'. The formula as licensed remains unchanged. If  they change the formula they have changed the drug and have to give it a new name.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Razoir is off-line
03 September 2012 05:25
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote from honeybee1985
Hi Maria I work with skin care and lasers and we have clients on roacutaine, you may see it get worse before it gets better It's good to use some medical skincare regime to also control it depending on the serveity Drink lots of water - always great to keep the skin dehydrated Thanks

Thats 'hydrated'.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

40 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
apriluk chandni23 Pinklilly ryansd speed84 Superhawk8
abouncer antonart Blancho BOBREEVES cliffc Dandelion davejarvis dg_Images diphoto djb1 ElegantCaptures eosfan geronimo GerryS2 gwentman James7799 Ladiesman lify Mattcairns MIB mlp modelboutique NeilScott oscar philippahh PhilStorm poah riddell RupertRudd siwalters steevrosewood steveh32 Thunder_Photos Vapourtrail