Moi is off-line
31 August 2012 12:02
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from Gerry99111
In these cases, it is best the model reports it to the moderators. Unfortunately, they can find even this traumatic and would rather everything just went away. They are feeling pretty sick and put that ahead of thinking about safeguarding any future models.

I can assure you these cases happen and it takes a huge amount of effort for the model to report it. Their world has just come down around their ears and they then have to face assembling all the evidence with the other party deciding to counter claim to save their hides.

The one case I directly came across, fortunately the idiot had tried to bribe the model for her silence and had admitted his guilt in an email so when the model calmed down, she got angry and reported him and it was pretty straightforward.

These people dont usually make these mistakes - they take conversations off line and its all pre-meditated. Once the model realises they have been taken advantage of, they also realise the trouble they will face proving it

+1

I think we need to understand that without the courage of the women in the original post this guy would still be out there doing it to others

And with respect to Jake41 these things are better dealt with behind the scenes with mods / police rather than in an open forum where this guy may read it and be getting his excuses in place

The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

15 September 2012 22:46
Sineadbear_xo
Model

i recently had someone on mm contact me he said his messages were running out so i gave him my hotmail to contact me and this is what i got:

Just wondering. You're cute and I'd like to get to know you outside of shooting

To: ####
Subject: RE: Shoot -
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 06:01:57 +0100

urm what?
To: sinead
Subject: RE: Shoot -
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 01:21:57 -0200

Is touching allowed?

Moderator Input
Name removed on legal grounds and to protect innocents with similar usernames.
The named photographer is not believed to be a member of Purestorm.
NB. Purestorm tries to prohibit 'Photographer Participation' but please bear in mind not all sites adopt this policy
and indeed some Models, Photographers and Websites accept or even encourage erotic / sexual interaction

Gerry is online
15 September 2012 22:50
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Messages dont run out when you reply to a previous one. It was a lie to get you to converse off line. You shouldnt give someone your private email unless you wish to exchange images and trust the person
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Frank Sinnott is off-line
15 September 2012 22:56
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Report him though MM may not act as quickly as it should.  A lesson to be learnt don't give out email addresses.  This is a matter you and MM should deal with.  Though it is hard to tell who are the sleaze bags.   

15 September 2012 23:02
Sineadbear_xo
Model

that was only part of the chat, he was acting professional at first then he sent that then i just didn't reply after, just lucky he said that before i turned upto the "photoshoot"

Frank Sinnott is off-line
15 September 2012 23:12
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Well don't beat yourself up about it but do report him. Is he on here only answer that with yes or no. As you say lucky you didn't do a shoot.

15 September 2012 23:23
Sineadbear_xo
Model

No he isn't on here, i have reported him [on the other site],

TarMoo is off-line
16 September 2012 04:36
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from Sineadbear_xo
that was only part of the chat, he was acting professional at first then he sent that then i just didn't reply after, just lucky he said that before i turned upto the "photoshoot"

I suggest you contact some very experienced models in your area to get some feedback on who is safe to shoot with. In your case I would suggest you contact fizzy.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Simon Chan is off-line
16 September 2012 23:20
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from Sarge

I have never once spoken to a guy who has said 'i want to become a golfer so i can see ladies in their underwear'.
I have never met a lady who says 'i must go and change into my underwear, the washer repair mans coming in a bit'.
Where as i have heard the expression 'guy with camera', i have never heard the one 'guy with mower', to describe some perv.

Of course not all photographers are pervs, the same as not all golfers are, but being a photographer (whether pro or GWC) does open doors for you and make it easier if you wish to photograph women in the nude or if you are indeed a perv.
Photographers arent being singled out so no need to be defensive (not you personally), its just easier for 'so called' photographers with other motives to put them into action.

I discovered a pair of thong draped over a keyboard belonging to a lady boss who asked me to fix her computer

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Faye MissCaraJane Sarahlou73 Winterlilly
bbphotos Cheshunt83 ElegantCaptures flawless_photo funky gerry99111 gordon hylander JRFox mamamiya Matt1988 mauricesimagery orca_photography panda49 redbaron skymouse Swyftie TinDolls vincentm1980