Reminder Secure

At-home exercise regime?

28 August 2012 11:23
River
Model

Hi All,

Im starting Uni in a few months time, and just wondered what the best exercises are that I can do in my room?
I won't have much free time whilst on my course (its 37.5 hours a week plus I'll need time for private study and somehow a job!), however Im going to try and join one sports class, probably something like pilates/yoga as Ive always wanted to try one of them!. I currently have a cross trainer which I use at home but its too big to take with me to University. Im trying to cut back costs and I would get a gym membership but they are quite expensive and I dont think I'll have the time to go often enough to make it worth it.

Any ideas?
River x
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

28 August 2012 12:13
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Body rock. best at home exercise ever and don't have to buy anything.

28 August 2012 12:16
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Ooops forgot to send the link. Here it is, http://www.bodyrock.tv/

Megan Reynolds is off-line
28 August 2012 12:17
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

I recommend bodyrock.tv too ace site and totally free.

David Kirk is off-line
28 August 2012 12:41
DKirk
Photographer

Glasgow
Glasgow

Simple things like using the stairs as opposed to lifts (wincing as I remember doing this at college, with the photography dept on the 12th/13th floor. . . )

28 August 2012 12:49
River
Model

I would use the stairs but I'm on the ground floor of my accommodation, and our classrooms are also on ground floor!

Thanks for the links and recommendations for bodyrock! I'll check it out
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Fizzy is off-line
28 August 2012 13:03
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

There's an amazing site called Fitocracy if you could manage to get yourself an invite to it. You 'level up' with each exercise you complete and it has little workout suggestions for different things like cardio and strength training, many of which you could do in your room.

There are some brilliant yoga workouts online as well, with instructions if you want to do it in your bedroom rather than go to a class.
Art nude model - £35ph

Angel is off-line
25 October 2012 08:04
Amo_Angelus
Model
Amo_Angelus
Derbyshire
Chesterfield

I do 8 minuts of abdominal crunches either every morning or every other morning. I drink my first cup of coffee first thing, then make a second cup, put it on the side and do my crunches while it cools down then get dressed while drinking the second cup. When I have time I also do zumba which is fantastic! and my favourite fad. If it's not zumba it's another dance, I used to cheerlead, pop, salsa and bellydance, plus a LITTLE bit of modern interpretation at college. So when/if I get bored of Zumba it will be a different dance. I'm currently looking for swing classes :P Plus I walk my dog for four miles every day. Sadly I stopped doing it in the run up to my wedding and now I have to diet :P But it does work!
Creative, Fun and Vibrant model always on the lookout for work. TFCD/TFP are more than welcome.

Baybee is off-lineSilver Member
29 October 2012 06:53
AndreyaW
Model
AndreyaW
Dorset
Bournemouth

Quote from River
Hi All,

Im starting Uni in a few months time, and just wondered what the best exercises are that I can do in my room?

I won't have much free time whilst on my course (its 37.5 hours a week plus I'll need time for private study and somehow a job!), however Im going to try and join one sports class, probably something like pilates/yoga as Ive always wanted to try one of them!. I currently have a cross trainer which I use at home but its too big to take with me to University. Im trying to cut back costs and I would get a gym membership but they are quite expensive and I dont think I'll have the time to go often enough to make it worth it.

Any ideas?

River x

Hi there

I have discrovered that u can do yoga for free on youtube, absolutetly brilliant as u can chose how long u want to do it for. I do an hour a week at the moment....better than having to go out in the cold!

29 October 2012 07:01
photoclassic
Photographer

A lot of universities have their own gym facilities, often with a variety of fitness/yoga/martial arts training classes which are heavily subsidised for students; it might be worth checking them out too.
We do not stop playing because we have grown old; we grow old because we have stopped playing

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Modeljo29 Sifx xamberx
Cheshunt83 cliffc davetse digineil dirkus duncanjames ellessephotography For_Arts_Sake forden_photo Gigar72 Gordee Hairflicks jackw James7799 john_at_tina_spice keltica Ladiesman lester2705 lextalionis Lssm2 markeos50d mikehemmings modelimaging Photojoe670 powerbook92 Rscott360 steveh32 Stevew1 Willjamieson