Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
29 August 2012 12:42
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from xxmrmthxx
it was going great but after having a shoot in madeira cancelled 14 hours before my flight (i paid for the flight) and the past 2 months having 75% of my bookings cancelled my bills just cant be paid and the interest is rolling so much im having to go back to work. ive got 5 shoots booked in until October what compared to last year is terrible. I know alot of models on here dont shot as much as me but as a full time job its works out im bringing in less than a min wage month

That's crap Mel, I've been booked there too but the hotel/flights were paid for. Sorry to hear about your situation!
I've been having flaky people not confirming til last minute, and cancellations (with a few days notice) for legit reasons, I've put out last min casting calls before, it's a bit hit and miss. Once I was cancelled on because he thought I was going to no show because I didn't reply to a confirmation email sent at 2am (was asleep!!!!) he felt really stupid when he saw missed calls from me at 5am when I got up. I put out a last min CC and got a shoot, for longer, with a normal person, had a lot of fun. Other times I've put up last min CCs and I get "can't help you out but would like to arrange a shoot for another day" so it does get your name out there so I can see why some girls might do it.

edit

The guy that filled the late min casting call actually had a late min cancellation himself! And said he would've booked me but had committed to the other shoot. So all's well that ends well.

TarMoo is off-line
29 August 2012 14:01
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

I had a cancellation for tomorrow. Put up a casting here and on another site and got several excellent replacement models in a matter of minutes, including one model I have been meaning to book for some time.

Perhaps it is harder for models to find replacement photographers for late cancelled shoots, but it appears to be quite easy to book high quality models at short notice.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Patryk Koniuszewski is off-lineSilver Member
29 August 2012 17:41
PJKphotography
Photographer
PJKphotography
Somerset
Taunton

Quote from JadedRed
For the last 7ish shoots i have booked 4 have been cancelled, one postponed, one no showed and one actually went through.

In last two weeks I've had 4 shoots arranged - 3 didn't happened (no shows + cancellations) so I know what do you feel.

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AliceStar modelstuff Shsksjsns
alexcrawford Auctioneer PototoMonroe rscott360 tonycsm Vinceb