Reminder Secure

does nude modelling make me a slut?!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
20 August 2012 15:51
PrincessPepper
Model
This member has been suspended

hello all! I've been nude modelling for about a year now and over that time I've had mixed response, although most people are supportive I'd had a lot of comments about "how is your boyfriend okay with that? I wouldn't let my girlfriend flaunt her bits to the world!" and so on

anybody else had comments like this? and how do you deal with them?
do you find people are generally supportive or not?
also how do you nude models out there find partners feel about it?

:-) xxx

TarMoo is off-line
20 August 2012 15:57
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Model's boyfriends tend to be with very supportive or very controlling.

Some people confuse nudity with immorality, including some people on the forums here. That is their problem, not yours. You will quickly find out who your real friends are. Keep the good ones and drop the rest.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Stu Buckland is off-line
20 August 2012 15:57
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

I've heard it from some models, but not as much as the positives from most models. But photographers get the same sort of thing. A number of times people have asked me (and my girlfriend) "Is your girlfriend alright with you taking pictures of naked women?" (Even though I do more shoots at fashion/lingerie level than nude), and "I'm surprised your girlfriend hasn't complained/left you".

And no... nude modelling doesn't make you a slut.

20 August 2012 16:03
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

I tend to find that the kind of people who throw words like "slut" around in regards to nude modelling, or even just wearing a short skirt on a night out, are the kind of people who are jealous as they can't do it for whatever reason...

Don't listen, as long as you are not hurting anyone, and you are happy then carry on doing what you want to do.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Creative Pursuits (Lenz) is off-linePlatinum Member
20 August 2012 16:14
Lenz
Photographer
Lenz
Essex
Southend

I totally agree with JennyWren. Be yourself and do what you want to do. It's your life and I'm sure the people who make such statements are just jealous and narrow minded. I wish you luck and happiness. Lenz.

Wes Halton is off-lineGold Member
20 August 2012 16:23
Cygnet
Photographer

Greater Manchester
Farnworth Bolton

Around this area even doing lingerie shoots will bring accusations of being a slut, particularly if the model and her "friends" are 18/19. the abuse some have had has been really awful and causes a lot of potential models to stop modelling. It is purely jealousy that is behind it and is so pathetic it isn't worth worrying about.

As Tarmoo said you will soon find who your true friends are, so don't give the others a second thought!

20 August 2012 16:32
JadedRed
Model

What's wrong with being a slut?

Rupert Rudd is off-line
20 August 2012 16:36
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Quote from JadedRed
What's wrong with being a slut?

Hurray for Jade. My life has always been desparately short of sluts. So much so I am not sure what a slut is!
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Chrissie Red is off-line
20 August 2012 16:38
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Yes.. The biggest slut ever in my opinion..

just because you pose nude doesn't mean you sh@g around, whoever gave you that idea are idiots!

Chris Richards is off-line
20 August 2012 16:45
crlightworks
Photographer
crlightworks
East Sussex
Crowborough

I'm not sure you can get a truly objective opinion by posting this question on a model/photographer networking site.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Alicestar AriaRosee ElleLaura Hayleyrooney isobel111 Pebbles40 Stephieb27
claypaws dorrian Dphphotography firsttake frankpht Funder005 Jamesrichards Jaywirksworth khan1984 looksphotography mlp parafotos philippahh Puremoods redmedia Rhadamanthus
Discretion