Reminder Secure

How many models actually shoot nude TF?

This thread is being watched by 5 people
20 August 2012 08:15
River
Model

Ive recently been looking at the casting call list, and there seem to be a heck of a lot of photographers asking models to shoot topless and nude on a TF basis. Is this the norm or is it just due to the reccession? If I was a model who shot topless and nude (which I am not), I would understand if the photographer was going to greatly benefit my portfolio, but a large proportion of the photographers creating these casting calls are amateur/new, or dont seem to have many images of a high standard in their port.

Photographers- Whats your opinion on this, are if you put up casting calls of a similar nature, do you tend to get a lot of replies?

Models- Would you/have you shown your lady bits for free?

Dont shoot me, its just an observation!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 August 2012 08:25
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

As a photographer I think if you're good enough to provide something useful to a model then fair play.

What does annoy me is the GWC types offering it and sadly it seems, there are girls who'll get caught by their traps. I seem to recall one photographer offering a TF? continental shoot where he'd be kind enough to supply all the toys etc. and he'd give her a complete set of images for her personal use (his excuse was that it was a university art project )

I suppose on the whole though it is a case of "If you don't ask, you don't get"

Personally, I wouldn't have the cheek to ask out of the blue especially putting a casting up (mind you I've never put a casting up for any TF? on any site), although I have done TF nude with models who have got to know me and at least I'm happy that they're comfortable enough to work with me doing that.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Peter Hague is off-line
20 August 2012 08:26
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from River

Dont shoot me, its just an observation!

Some hope! You'd have got an easier time down your local mosque picking holes in Islam than you will questioning TFP round these parts.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

20 August 2012 08:27
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from PeterH
Some hope! You'd have got an easier time down your local mosque picking holes in Islam than you will questioning TFP round these parts.

LOL
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Matt Harper is off-line
20 August 2012 08:28
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

I am on countdown here

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 August 2012 08:28
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

In the last year to 18months, though I dont shoot a huge amount of pure nudity, all the models I've worked with were on a TF basis.

The distinction might be that the nude element isn't so much for a glamour type look maybe, so in my own eyes, and perhaps theirs too, doesn't seem quite the same as a lady bits demonstration?

i do kinda see where you're coming from on this, there's a taboo about nudity in our society still, and that influences opinion on it in so many ways. For me, I feel nudity is a natural state and not to be seen as unusual or challenging (weather permitting)and if we, as a body of artistically minded folk can't recognise that (or at least distinguish between tittilation and beauty), we're in trouble.

So anyway, not up for a row today either, too hot, but my two quids worth.

20 August 2012 08:29
mgphotomedia
Photographer

When a model contacts me for a TF shoot (I very rarely initiate contact myself) most of them seem to assume I will want to shoot them nude. Even on Facebook where I have no nudey pictures - but I guess they might have looked at my ports elsewhere.

20 August 2012 08:30
1919_Images
Photographer

I think Matt Harper may have done some TF nude shoots but I'm not 100% sure.

20 August 2012 08:31
River
Model

Sorry guys! I was only looking for professional opinions on the subject. Im just curious, as I dont know how it works with topless and nude as I dont shoot to those levels.
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

20 August 2012 08:33
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'm an amateur

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs isobel111 zavego
ad360photo ansonphotography belmez2000 Blancho cygnet dorrian Essexjohn eyecandiphotography Gentleguy gwentman Jobe JohnDentonPhoto jonnywoo M1chae15 mlp nickdandalos p4pFetography parafotos Pictureimage rikspiks stephenmuddell stevegosh thelook tms