Login Frequency

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
17 August 2012 06:19
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

OK, so it's a bit anal but it would be nice to see some sort of statistic on login frequency, it doesn't even matter if it was rounded up so you could have bands of logins (eg. daily, every 2-3 days, 4-6 days, weekly , fortnightly etc.).  Simply going by the last login date isn't informative enough (they could be on holiday for example).

If I find a model only logs on only once a week (say) I'd probably give her a wide berth and save my energy in contacting them.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

17 August 2012 06:23
steve0664
Photographer

Good idea

Neil Anderson is off-line
17 August 2012 06:33
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

People may be reactive and log-in when they get an e-mail notification that they have a message, so they may actually not appear to log in very often but actually be very responsive.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Nige Nw is off-lineSilver Member
17 August 2012 06:35
nige_nw
Photographer
nige_nw
Lancashire

I can see where you are coming from & I guess I might use login frequency as a guide to how long before expecting replies etc but I do not think log in frequency is necessarily a guide to how reliable etc a model is.

Some of the busiest & sought after models may only log in say once a week or less becasue they are too busy shooting & on the road often with limited connectivity.

As you say last login date alone can be quite misleading due to holidays or other commitments.

Nige Nw is off-lineSilver Member
17 August 2012 06:37
nige_nw
Photographer
nige_nw
Lancashire

Quote from stolenfaces
People may be reactive and log-in when they get an e-mail notification that they have a message, so they may actually not appear to log in very often but actually be very responsive.

Agreed - I think there are also some models who may use this site less than others and put their main effort elsewhere but still react to work from here

17 August 2012 06:39
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from stolenfaces

Unlike other sites, while Purestorm does notify you of message receipt it does not reveal the contents of said messages so they do have to log-in here to read them.

I have made this suggestion because a model put up a TF casting,  I applied within an hour of the casting being placed and she hasn't logged in for around three weeks.  It's a little irritating to say the least as I felt I could fill the brief perfectly but if I'd have had an idea of log-in frequency then I wouldn't have bothered.

Similarly, there have been a couple of occasions over the years that have required an emergency booking of sorts.  It's just awkward having to explain to them that they've missed their shot due to not logging on frequently enough - again, if I'd have known I wouldn't have contacted them.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

17 August 2012 06:44
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from nige_nw
I can see where you are coming from & I guess I might use login frequency as a guide to how long before expecting replies etc but I do not think log in frequency is necessarily a guide to how reliable etc a model is.

I just get annoyed when I reply to a model who has messaged me, or replied to a casting and then end up waiting a week or so for the message to be read.

If I knew they won't log in much, I wouldn't waste my time contacting them (yes, my time is as precious as theirs)

Frank Sinnott is off-line
17 August 2012 06:49
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

I can't see how this works to any extent at all. You'll be basing your conclusions on many times so and so has logged on. Yet without any knowledge other than that. If your idea was worked on using only the last week. Then the following week so and so is off on holiday the pet budgie has died. Even on a monthly basis there are many reasons why someone may not log on for a give length of time.

Laurence Power is off-line
17 August 2012 09:02
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Personally I would like all the portfolio sites to contact members who have not logged in for more than 6 months and if there is no response after a further month remove their profile.

I have always said that photographers would I beleive be prepared to pay more for membership of a site where the members were active. Also of course, if the membership list were sold to potatnial advertisers then again the fact the all the addresses are active should make that list more valuable.

This lack of scrutiny is why I beleive that new sites become popular, all the members are fresh and active, anyone remember OMP? their site does not work (today at least).
Laurence J. Power

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
17 August 2012 09:11
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from LaurenceJPower
 if the membership list were sold to potatnial advertisers

Isn't that illegal unless the member specifically opts in to having their contact details sold ... and how many of us would be willing to be on a site, or promote joining it to others, knowing that advertisers wishing to buy members' details were the driving force behind the place. I, for one, would be warning every model I know not to touch such a website with a bargepole.

Bob

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs chosin Michelledefeo1 Silkythighslou
AFYS andygstudios Apex_photo brendan Cadwallen Chris650 daseinphoto DavidN dby47 gazzer59 grahamsphotography James7799 lify markeos50d rod_m99 Rscott360 stephenmuddell talldave68 ttstinger will_i_am Willjamieson
grailmodels