Reminder Secure

How to get a photographer to work

This thread is being watched by 1 person
16 August 2012 14:23
alshepherd
Model

I've been working with a photographer for the last 6 months on a calendar, he takes ages to get back to me, doesn't send me all the photos for me to chose which would look best in the calendar. And its getting to the stage where we should be at print but we can't because he takes so long to do everything. I don't mind if we saw unedited images because then we could pick the 12 we wanted to edit. How to I get him to hurry up, keep in mind we aren't paying him as this is our first calendar and its for charity. But that doesnt mean his standards should drop. I've tried being stern but it doesn't seem to work.
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
16 August 2012 14:26
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Find another photographer
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Gregory Mason is off-line
16 August 2012 14:30
Gregory_Mason
Photographer
Gregory_Mason
West Midlands
Birmingham

I agree with Red Checker and try find another photographer. If you do, agree to a schedule of delivery of images in writing

16 August 2012 14:31
CharlotteMaddison
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending

Do you have any kind of written agreement about schedule / time line etc

I'm sure he is very busy if he owns a studio; the local studio nearby is always doing a lot of work so I'm sure they are not doing it on purpose.

Depending on what you had agreed I would ask the things to be fulfilled or you will have to to find alternative arrangements.
Female photographer still learning.

CharlotteMaddison
Photographer

Do you have any kind of written agreement about schedule / time line etc

I'm sure he is very busy if he owns a studio; the local studio nearby is always doing a lot of work so I'm sure they are not doing it on purpose.

Depending on what you had agreed I would ask the things to be fulfilled or you will have to to find alternative arrangements.

CharlotteMaddison
Photographer

no idea it posted so many times, sorry!

Ian Payne is off-line
16 August 2012 14:32
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
Kent
Gillingham

If you're not paid for things, it's not on your list of priorities.

Granted he shouldnt have taken it on etc

But thats just how it is.

Ian

Chubby is off-line
16 August 2012 14:35
ChubbyDumpy
Photographer

South Yorkshire

Quote from alshepherd
 we aren't paying him as this is our first calendar and its for charity.

Is the printer printing it for nothing and is the designer designing it for nothing, and if so have they given you firm promises that they will graciously give their time and services and materials for free to meet your agreed deadline date? If so, maybe they could suggest a faster turnaround photographer to donate to your cause.

16 August 2012 14:38
alshepherd
Model

it's a bit late for that, we should be at print by now, and I refuse to mess the models around, they've traveled from all over
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Chrissie Red is off-line
16 August 2012 15:05
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Maybe you could contact the photographer and ask him if he intends on finishing the project - he might have thought at the time "good idea some free models" and now regrets taking on such a massive task for nothing. Its no excuse and he should have stuck to his word on doing it but if he really can't be arsed and your models can't re-shoot because of distance maybe try asking him for the images and you can get somebody else to edit them and print them off for you.. although I can't imagine many mugs offering to do this out of the goodness of their own heart you may be able to salvage something so the models feel less let down by it all.

Calendars are nearly always a waste of time - if somebody had told you this months ago it might have saved all the panic and stress.
I think tesco do ok calendar printing - could send whatever pictures you have there and get some printed off for family and friends of the models?

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa chosin DanielleWxx natalie120525 Sophiadelane
bob chriscooze claypaws Dandelion david1500 dorrian Essexjohn frankpht gazzer59 Kjoservices mike0048 sandycamel
matt