lou is off-line
19 June 2013 15:40
louise22
Model
louise22
Somerset
travel all over uk

Quote from JeromeRazoir
NIce to know that Keltica has only contempt for English law. That may influence how others decide to work with him, or not, as they see fit. Under the Disability Discrimination Act, to refuse some-one employment on the grounds of a medical condition could be seen as an offence.

I work in an environment where I see and deal with panic attacks and related issues on a very regular basis. Indeed I have a bit of a reputation as a 'horse whisperer' with people in full blown panic.

Would I work with you? Yes. No reason not to. The fact that you have been open about your condition tells me that you have good insight into your condition. That you are honest. That you do not wish to be a nuisance on a shoot. If your insight is as good with how an attack is triggered and the best way for people to help you out of it then tell them, "If I have a panic attack the best way to treat me is to jump up and down, waving a peeled banana and singing an aria from Nabakov", then I am able to buy in a couple of bananas just in case.

Generaly speaking many people are bloody childish about other peoples' mental health issues. Just grow up, dweebs. You and your shoot are at far greater sik from a model turnibg up with a nsty cold than you are from a model turning up with a mental health problem. You can catch a cold, you can not catch a phobia or depression or anxiety or even psychosis.

I agree with this completely.
some people are very small minded, I have family who have suffered with mental health issues, and I myself have, it has never made me no show or be a flake. ive never felt the need to tell a photographer before a shoot because I believe it can be quite personal and none of their business, I think its ridiculous and stupid not to book someone because of a health issue. If they are a good model or good at what they do then so what??!

Emma Holmes is off-line
19 June 2013 16:48
EmmaAurora
Model
EmmaAurora
Wiltshire
Devizes

For those who are interested.

Emma’s story:

“Following a car crash, I had a breakdown and I began hallucinating and suffered from agoraphobia. I had just moved into a new house with my then fiancé. I had always been very confident and became withdrawn. CBT made me realise that my relationship was the problem so I left him and my confidence returned. I began a new relationship very soon after with a work colleague. We dated for a while and moved in together. Shortly after, the abuse began. I stayed with him until he battered me and put me in hospital. I later moved in with a friend. I was prescribed some more medication and counselling which gave me the courage to go to the police and he was later charged with assault by beating. I then went through 6 months of destructive behaviour and met someone else at a party. I became very ill and after many tests, the doctors were still unsure of the cause and they said it may have been an ectopic pregnancy which had miscarried. I was flown home in June, for medical tests in the UK.

I was admitted for surgery and was ok until I began to have more pains in my abdomen again which triggered more panic attacks. I was admitted through A&E again. I later had more surgery. In February 2010, I thought I was getting better, and then the hallucinations started to come back, more intensely and more frequently and became constant. I was prescribed some medication and my GP then referred me to the early Intervention in Psychosis team. They concluded I was suffering from trauma induced Panic Disorder and was prescribed some more medication.

In April of 2011, my boyfriend ended our relationship, I moved out and the destructive behaviour reared its ugly head. Later that year, a friend called the police to my house as she was frightened I was attempting suicide and saved my life. In June I was rushed to hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Again I was bedridden for months. In 2011, I was asked to go to my GP to do some tests which came back abnormal and I was referred to haematology and oncology. I know this sounds silly but I cut my hair into a pixie style so if I had to have chemo, it wouldn’t be so drastic to lose it. They discharged me with the all clear later. A while later, I wasn’t able to leave the house and my panic attacks and hallucinations worsened. I also experienced nocturnal panic attacks and time loss.

In May 2012 I met a man on online. We talked over several days, he had survived lymphoma. He got involved with my care, came to art with me, held my hand when I’m anxious, held me when I cried, accepted me for me. I proposed on Christmas day and the date is set. During my 3 years with the team as an outpatient, I have been able to manage my condition with CBT, Art Therapy , exposure therapy and Medication. I was discharged early on 18th March 2013.We relocated and are now living together, close to our families and enjoying our life together. I am now stable and off anti psychotics. I can go shopping on my own. I am also looking for employment and writing a book about my experiences in the hope it will help others.”
Curve: The loveliest distance between two points. ~Mae West

20 June 2013 02:55
Curved_Creations
Photographer

If your book is published, I will be the first in line outside Waterstone's. I have panic attacks which are so powerful and crushing that I get physical numbness in my abdomen and thighs. I changed my own medication and they have very much become lessened, not a good idea generally, but it worked. I was very interested reading your story, particularly on how outside influences (ex partner) contributed to the problem.

The very best of luck, and take it one day at a time.

lou is off-line
20 June 2013 05:41
louise22
Model
louise22
Somerset
travel all over uk

Quote from EmmaAurora
For those who are interested.

Emma’s story:

“Following a car crash, I had a breakdown and I began hallucinating and suffered from agoraphobia. I had just moved into a new house with my then fiancé. I had always been very confident and became withdrawn. CBT made me realise that my relationship was the problem so I left him and my confidence returned. I began a new relationship very soon after with a work colleague. We dated for a while and moved in together. Shortly after, the abuse began. I stayed with him until he battered me and put me in hospital. I later moved in with a friend. I was prescribed some more medication and counselling which gave me the courage to go to the police and he was later charged with assault by beating. I then went through 6 months of destructive behaviour and met someone else at a party. I became very ill and after many tests, the doctors were still unsure of the cause and they said it may have been an ectopic pregnancy which had miscarried. I was flown home in June, for medical tests in the UK.

I was admitted for surgery and was ok until I began to have more pains in my abdomen again which triggered more panic attacks. I was admitted through A&E again. I later had more surgery. In February 2010, I thought I was getting better, and then the hallucinations started to come back, more intensely and more frequently and became constant. I was prescribed some medication and my GP then referred me to the early Intervention in Psychosis team. They concluded I was suffering from trauma induced Panic Disorder and was prescribed some more medication.

In April of 2011, my boyfriend ended our relationship, I moved out and the destructive behaviour reared its ugly head. Later that year, a friend called the police to my house as she was frightened I was attempting suicide and saved my life. In June I was rushed to hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Again I was bedridden for months. In 2011, I was asked to go to my GP to do some tests which came back abnormal and I was referred to haematology and oncology. I know this sounds silly but I cut my hair into a pixie style so if I had to have chemo, it wouldn’t be so drastic to lose it. They discharged me with the all clear later. A while later, I wasn’t able to leave the house and my panic attacks and hallucinations worsened. I also experienced nocturnal panic attacks and time loss.

In May 2012 I met a man on online. We talked over several days, he had survived lymphoma. He got involved with my care, came to art with me, held my hand when I’m anxious, held me when I cried, accepted me for me. I proposed on Christmas day and the date is set. During my 3 years with the team as an outpatient, I have been able to manage my condition with CBT, Art Therapy , exposure therapy and Medication. I was discharged early on 18th March 2013.We relocated and are now living together, close to our families and enjoying our life together. I am now stable and off anti psychotics. I can go shopping on my own. I am also looking for employment and writing a book about my experiences in the hope it will help others.”

You have been through so much, and i think you have done amazing to get through it all. A lot of respect to you. good luck for the future x

Emma Holmes is off-line
20 June 2013 05:52
EmmaAurora
Model
EmmaAurora
Wiltshire
Devizes

Everyone who has sent well wishes or made nice comments. I would like to acknowledge this in my book.
Please let me know via pm that this is ok.
Curve: The loveliest distance between two points. ~Mae West

Razoir is off-line
20 June 2013 10:13
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

I feel sorry for all those poor people whot has never been mentally ill. What dull, uninteresting people they usually are.

Come on Loonies, we can stick together and chant the mantra,

"Keep smiling, it frightens the crap out of the sane JeromeRazoir is a naughty person s!"
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
lilkim18x lynnesel Sammi_1985 toxicinnocence VictoriaClaire wildchief Winterlilly
Anderson78 BOZZ Brian2008 diphoto djb1 dorrian firsttake geoffmarchant Kjoservices KosupureUK MAMAMIYA markeos50d Oberonfoto philippahh pierre poah RoninUK rscott360 skymouse stevegosh StuartCollinsPhoto Studio1 swalsh58 tonyk1
photo39