Curve: The loveliest distance between two points. ~Mae West

Holmax is off-line
14 August 2012 14:50
Holmax
Photographer
Holmax
East Yorkshire
Hull

I didn't read all the wiki stuff but from the stuff I did read I'd say that so long as you have it under control then sure, carry on modelling.
I'd inform every photographer you book a shoot with about your condition so they can make their own mind up.
Is it something that's lately come on? As you seem to have been on this site a long time.
www.holmax.com

Chrissie Red is off-line
14 August 2012 15:05
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I know very little about panic disorder but I have suffered with anxiety for 11 years now -

For me modelling helps, it gives me something to focus on and thankfully my anxiety doesn't get in the way of modelling..

Before I took my first modelling trip down south I made sure everybody who I was booked to work with where aware of my anxiety, in that if I freaked out before I travelled they wouldn't hold it against me too much. Everybody was very understanding about the hole thing, knowing they weren't overly relying on me made me feel so much better and less pressure.

I think the more you do things without panicking then the more confidence you gain.

I hope things work out for you and you are able to manage it better.

xxxx

Spike is off-line
15 August 2012 02:54
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

I would consider TFP shoots

However if I was setting up a shoot for a paying client - no. In the unlikely event you had a panic attack which caused the shoot overun, or be cancelled I could find myself with having to cover the costs of any reshoot out of my pocket & have an unhappy client blaming me for my choice of model.

If however the client selected you, I would work with you since in the unlikely event of a problem it would be between you & the client to sort things out & I could just bill them for the reshoot.

What is your agencies view on the matter since I assume if a client books you through them & you flake the client will have some kind of claim against the agency?????

Some kind of professional indemnity insurance may be the answer.
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

Samantha Huggins is off-line
13 June 2013 09:29
_SamanthaHug
Model
_SamanthaHug
East Sussex
Brighton

I suffer from GAD, and was wondering if other models suffer from anxiety too and how they cope with it. I had to take some time out from modeling when my anxiety got quite high, and have been having CBT to help cope with it. Its really frustrating as you feel its stopping you from doing what you love! I am getting much better though.

KHV is off-line
13 June 2013 09:48
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

I would not want to offer any model a job if I knew they had any condition that just might mean I would have to cancel the job either days before, or actually whilst filming due to their medical or physical condition. This view is purely down to the potential loss of revenue, which I am not prepared to do.

13 June 2013 09:52
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Keltica
I would not want to offer any model a job if I knew they had any condition that just might mean I would have to cancel the job either days before, or actually whilst filming due to their medical or physical condition.

I believe that physical condition is known as "being alive".

Chrissie Red is off-line
13 June 2013 09:56
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from Keltica
I would not want to offer any model a job if I knew they had any condition that just might mean I would have to cancel the job either days before, or actually whilst filming due to their medical or physical condition. This view is purely down to the potential loss of revenue, which I am not prepared to do.

In 5 and a half years my anxiety had never stopped me attending a shoot.

You have the potential loss of revenue with any human capiable of being unwell on the day the shoot happens to be. It really shouldn't be any different.

Chrissie Red is off-line
13 June 2013 09:57
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from JadedRed
I believe that physical condition is known as "being alive".

cheeky damn those pesky breathing human people.. 

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
13 June 2013 10:21
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

It wouldn't necessarily prevent me from working with you. There's always a good chance that a shoot can be arranged in a way that it is a "non-critical", i.e. can be finished early, postponed or even cancelled if necessary without messing other stuff up.

Furthermore, if I were shooting someone who suffered from panic disorder, knowing what does and doesn't trigger an attack in that person would also affect how a shoot is arranged.

Knowing the pattern an attack takes in a a particular person, and their usual steps for remedying it, woudl also have an obvious practical influence. If, for instance, I know that if necessary you're likely to take some alprazolam and be good to go again in a short while, that's a different case from being incapacitated (modelling-wise) for the remainder of the day.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
QueenDeeVa01 Shanti
ad360photo ElegantCaptures nemesis rscott360 Stevedphoto Terry20