Reminder Secure

Wedding 'TFP'

This thread is being watched by 1 person
13 August 2012 03:36
jessewalker
Make-up Artist

I've just seen a casting on another website who is looking for someone to do bridal make-up 'TF'. I'm sorry but do any other make-up artists think this is takes the jessewalker is a naughty person ridiculously?! In what way would doing TF bridal make-up benefit a make-up artist? It doesn't even say if she has a photographer there who could give you great images. I just saw it and am feeling ridiculously wound up!

13 August 2012 03:42
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Practice?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

13 August 2012 03:49
jessewalker
Make-up Artist

You can practice on friends/family. Doing weddings a strong source of income for many make-up artists, I just find it insulting!

Matt Harper is off-line
13 August 2012 04:02
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

I have to say, I agree with you.
It is controversial enough when someone asks for a photographer to do a wedding TF, but there is an argument that photographers need that practice, to take photographs under pressure in varied situations and with uncooperative subjects in many cases.

However, make up is very different and there is no need to practice on a bride when one can do so on friends or family, as you point out.

All one can do is hope that she finds someone and they make her look hideous and there is a photographer there to capture her ridiculous face. It would serve her right for being so tight or for not doing it herself.

gerda.m.model is off-lineSilver Member
13 August 2012 04:17
gerda_babbii
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
gerda_babbii
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

I can obviously see why it would frustrate you however if you are not interested and think its taking the gerda_babbii is a naughty person then move on to the next casting, weddings are very expensive and she probably thought its worth a shot as you never know someone might do it just to practice and to say they already have the experience of doing the brides make up at an actual wedding as that may reassure others in booking them. I dont see nothing too bad in that. However if the casting was something like im looking for a very experienced wedding make up artist to do my make up at my wedding for nothing in return than yeah thats taking the gerda_babbii is a naughty person and no one will apply lol
www.gerdamodelling.weebly.com

Chrissie Red is off-line
13 August 2012 04:28
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Somebody will come along and do it for her.

I fail to see what benefit an MUA will get out of it, other than maybe some "real life" bride images for their portfolio but then they would need to hope she didn't get a photographer on the same basis - if she did then its probably going to be a big fat waste of time and makeup. I remember on my facebook I had a semi local model, she used to post status's every other week asking for "MUA/Stylist" to come round before she had job interviews or nights out, apparently it would be great exposure for the creatives.. The crazy thing is people actually done it. I don't work with MUA's often but I always keep my eye on them, especially the local ones and it actually pains me seeing some of the Chrissie_Red is a naughty person they are getting back from collaborations with local photographers. There are a few thankfully who do carefully consider who they team up with but for everyone of them there are 20 who are working with people unable to even expose an image correctly.

I'm midway through doing shoots for a local hat shop, I could do with an MUA on board and could stretch to paying for one but most of the MUAs in my general area are using images which do nothing at all for their craft. I think "do I want to look like Chrissie_Red is a naughty person ?" no.. So I wont be throwing money at them anytime soon to help out, or asking them to collaborate with me. Like I can't tell if its bad photography/makeup/styling or all 3 in a mad miss match of crap.

JackR is off-line
13 August 2012 05:07
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
West Midlands
Burntwood

There is no benefit in doing it. It's just another freeloading chancer after something for nothing, just the same as the recent castings for a full TF wedding shoot, an engagement shoot, a hen party where the poster wanted a photographer to follow her and her Jack_Russell is a naughty person ed up gang around while they had a night on the town.

Some desperado will do it for free .... Let them.

13 August 2012 06:13
1919_Images
Photographer

99% of photographers are happy to take the 1919_Images is a naughty person when it comes to make up artists aswell.

Matt Harper is off-line
13 August 2012 06:44
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from 1919_Images
99% of photographers are happy to take the mattharper is a naughty person when it comes to make up artists aswell.

Makeup is a tricky one for photographers.  Some are fortunate and have a partner who does it, for those who don't have this luxury, it is hard as it is another expense.

I leave it up to the model and MUA, if the MUA is happy to TF, fine, if not, a model has the option to  pay for one, which they then decide against and do it themselves. 

Unless a MUA is very good, many girls can do their own better, from my experience. 

I just saw  TF casting for makeup for the "actual day", on here, probably not the same one as mentioned above 

13 August 2012 06:52
CharlotteMaddison
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending

i agree with you, i get the same thing in my industry of webdesign... there is no such thing as free and it only effects professionals who do it properly.
Female photographer still learning.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Caz0054 Charlotte90 Chebella91 scarlettfoxett
63jian AndiCallen andrewmoon antoinewynn antonart Auctioneer bob clarmike cps david1500 Einstein eosfan geoffmarchant Jph1954 Ladiesman Lanedor Look_Sharp Mikeoj modjo30 Moodie nemesis normant ozzie photo3 RCBB xposed
photo3