This thread is being watched by 1 person
Darren Wellock is off-lineSilver Member
11 August 2012 13:20
DRW_Photography
Photographer
DRW_Photography
Greater Manchester
Manchester

After some help finding a nice lake or pond for a location shoot with a model. I have a model, just need the lake. Don't mind a walk or even hike, as long as its secluded and looks good. The Lakes, peak district , Yorkshire Dales. Any togs or models willing to share a location off the beaten track, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Darren

12 August 2012 03:26
Gfun
Photographer

Check out some of the reservoirs north east of Bury there are a good few and the higher you get the more secluded they are.

Some like Watergrove have car parks sailing clubs and paths others are just a patch of open water; but hiking boots are advised.
(google earth will help you spot them)

Obviously you must respect the laws on trespass ......

But remember all safety considerations they are cold, deep and kill people every year!

Lifescapes is off-line
12 August 2012 05:05
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

The trouble with Lakes is that they tend to attract people, even the remote ones.  That said there's plenty of opportunities if you are prepared to wander off the beaten track. Personally I prefer shooting to walking and all these are shot within 5 minutes of a car park, yet secluded enough.

All these were shot near popular lakes, early in the day helps and a willingness to explore.

"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

Darren Wellock is off-lineSilver Member
12 August 2012 06:25
DRW_Photography
Photographer
DRW_Photography
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Thanks for the advice. Some great shots by the way, love the first one especially. Which lake was that? I was thinking of smaller lake / pond, but seeing your photo with such a dramatic backdrop may just have changed my mind.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Damm08 Lushlolly sarahjane1 Shhimblond Silkythighslou Superhawk8 toxicinnocence
Andyphotography BobWright Cole96 dirkus dorrian frankpht gazzer59 hylander iestyn jonnar42 kaosrox keltica lysander mrdl Ncp Richard99 rod_m99 rscott360 RupertRudd stephenmuddell steveh32 swalsh58 visions11 woody
ThePhotographyStudios