Reminder Secure

Starstruck on twitter..i know i'm a geek!

07 August 2012 12:44
AbiHillModel
Model

Ok so having met plenty of people famous in their field over the years (Mary King, several former NHLers including Theo Fleury etc), you'd think a little simple tweet wouldn't get me too excited. WRONG!

The other day I tweeted a photo from a recent lingerie shoot to Candice Huffine and Robyn Lawley, as both partially inspired it through their vogue italia editorial by Steven Meisel. Didn't really expect a reply off either as they're both big name working models with barely enough time in the day to tweet...but Candice tweeted me today congratulating me and saying i was "looking good!!!"

The tweet came through when I was in the gym with my PT and he couldnt understand why I came out of the locker room grinning like a cheshire cat - normally i come out scowling at him for being so flipping brutal on me!

Anyhow it's probably not of much interest to many here but it made my day (lets be fair, sweating my backside off in the gym with only sneaking glances at the dressage wasn't gonna be the highlight!)
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

HowardJ is off-line
07 August 2012 12:48
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Well done.

Who are Candice and Robyn? (sorry I live a sheltered life).

07 August 2012 13:10
AbiHillModel
Model

Quote from HowardJ
Well done.

Who are Candice and Robyn? (sorry I live a sheltered life).

Candice Huffine and Robyn Lawley, two very famous plus size models (Candice regularly models for Simply Be's tv ads and Robyn is the new face of Boux Avenue lingerie) - they were part of the collaboration that went down in Italian Vogue history as one of the most influential plus size editorials ever.

Candice

Robyn

HowardJ is off-line
07 August 2012 13:53
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I've just done a quick Google of them.

I'm not sure about Candice (I'm sure she'll be gutted by my assessment).

Robyn looks great though, curves in all the right places and great face and hair.

08 August 2012 13:38
AbiHillModel
Model

Candice isn't everyone's cup of tea, some say she's a little average in the sea of emerging plus size supermodels such as Robyn, but I like her because she flits from giggly happy commercial to super-fierce in the blink of an eye. And we both have a pageant background (Candice got spotted at a pageant by someone who recognised her future was in modelling, not miss teen usa)

Spike is off-line
08 August 2012 20:32
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Twitter is a interesting platfrm, a friend of mine,a lady in her late 40's, became interested in it & the whole social media thing 2-3 years ago - started with archery conversations with Russell Crow, last year a trip to NASA followed by some consultancy work, met her last week & now several thousand tweets later she's doing some work for Will.I.Am. It definately can open doors if used correctly.

Must admit I'm still struggling with it.
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

08 August 2012 21:30
Tansy_Blue
Model

Oh wow! Would be over the moon if it were me. Not surprised you're starstruck!

Loved that editorial too, one of my favourite editorials EVER.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Jenna Lou is off-line
09 August 2012 03:55
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

JEALOUS!! That issue of Vogue is my favourite.

Well done xx

12 August 2012 13:41
AbiHillModel
Model

Quote from DamagedRoses1987
JEALOUS!! That issue of Vogue is my favourite.

Well done xx

One of mine too, though personally I prefer clothed editorials I thought Meisel and the team (and the girls) got it spot on with that one!

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ally_1 Candysugarrush Domino georgiaiaxo jessicatx089 Lilly_69 satrina
2webmedia 63jian BOBREEVES borojohn chrisfrancis18 clarmike edb ElegantCaptures Essexjohn Gabby_d johnwoodphotography jonnar42 Matt1988 mlp modelboutique read stevegosh steveh32 Studio1 talldave68 Thorp
harbourstudio