Reminder Secure

Bewbs

04 August 2012 19:11
DeeElegia
Model

I'm going to do the classic fail and ask internet people for advice...

I've lost a bit of weight over the past few months, not intentionally. And I'm getting a little worried about my bewbs. I used to be a DD-cup and now I'm a small C-cup. The thing is, I have a chicken-pox scar on my right bewb that I've had since about six years-old and since my bewbs have gone down in size, the scar seems to be much more noticeable. Obviously when my bewbs were much bigger the scar stretched, and now that they're smaller the scar is a little bigger and more obvious. Well at least to me it is.

(I'm trying to reach the maximum for mention of the word 'bewb').

I'm getting increasingly more self-conscious of it, and I'm a bit worried that if I get any skinnier that it's only going to get worse in appearance.
So I'm basically asking for any tips or remedies that other girls might have used for scars or even stretch marks etc.
I've tried Bio-oil before for self-harm scars and it doesn't work at all. So something other than that, if anything, would be greatly appreciated. I assume women who have had children might be quite knowledgeable on this and more helpful than the internet research I've done, which is a bit generic.

Thanks!
Dee x
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

Guys_N_Dolls_Photography is off-line
04 August 2012 19:25
Guys_n_Dolls_photography
Photographer
Guys_n_Dolls_photography
Lancashire
BURNLEY

there isnt really anythin for stretch marks or scars and uve already mentioned bio-oil which was good enough for me while i was pregnant. If ur worried how it will look in pics then ask the photographer if he/she can photoshop it out, if ur worried how it looks in general then ur stuffed

seriously though i know what its like, i used to be between a D and DD many years ago, before the child came along, i escaped the stretchmarks and everything else but it shrunk me and now im left with a C cup, and i can notice the difference, nobody else can, all or most of volume has gone and its annoying

on a seperate note......BEWBS!!!! lol first time ive seen it spelt like that

04 August 2012 19:33
DeeElegia
Model

It isn't noticeable at all in photographs, because I'm very pale, and there's nothing for scars to contrast with. That's why I've never even mentioned it in my portfolio notes. If I had a tan it'd probably be very noticeable. I think it's like you say, a personal thing and something I'm self aware of rather than other people being able to see it. I seem to still be losing weight quite quickly so I'm keen to find something that might help with it. And generally keep my bewbs firm like they are at the moment.

Maybe I'll try Bio-oil again. I only used it on my arms so I have no idea if it works elsewhere, I guess.
Thanks for your help!

Ian Coyle is off-lineGold Member
04 August 2012 19:39
Mark_Time
Photographer
Mark_Time
Lothian
Livingston

Bio oil generally only works on "New" Scars. you might try e45 cream but again given the age of the scar its unlikely to make any difference
Im not racist. I hate everyone!

04 August 2012 19:49
DeeElegia
Model

My bewbs ain't that old, Ian.

I've had something else suggested elsewhere which sounds more viable. But thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

Rich is off-line
04 August 2012 21:01
KentRichUK
Photographer

Kent
Tonbridge

Your beautiful as you are, scar or no scar. If someone doesn't want the scar showing then that's what photoshop is for !

04 August 2012 21:17
_Maz_
Model

*pointless post*

Bewb.

I can't stop saying this now. Bewb.

Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

05 August 2012 02:04
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

If you find something that gets them back up to a DD then let me know? Want my BEWBS back as they were pre child.

Nowt helpful to add, I only got marks on my bum and I didn't worry about them, they've faded to silver now.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

05 August 2012 02:27
ScottishGeek
Photographer

Other (more drastic) options include speaking to your GP for a referral to see a dermatologist to find out if you are a suitable candidate for laser removal of the scar. Success will depend on how deep the scar tissue goes as the laser technique is used to 're-surface' the skin.
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." – Henri Cartier-Bresson

Amber West is off-line
05 August 2012 02:32
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

I've suspected for ages bio-oil is a bit of an over-hyped scam, don't get me wrong - it works for some people and I use it on other things, and on very, on very superficial scars, but other than that nowt!

I feel for you, as I'm very pale skinned, and scar so bloody easily, and it's something I'm very self-conscious about.

Sadly haven't found any miracle cures (still looking!), however, worth mentioning (I KNOW it's not the same)- was on a film set a few weeks back and the mua wanted to cover up the incision scars (small but deep) on my left leg from my car accident. I know it's temporary, but I was absolutely shocked at the Screenface make-up she casually applied, it was kinda like watching photoshop in real life (voila, and is definitely something I plan to use myself) within two minutes. And the stuff stayed on all day.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
MissCaraJane RoxyMendez
3rd_Angle andygstudios anthonyh bbphotos Belemboo Clickrshots cliffc davejohn davkit djb1 Funder005 JRFox Ladiesman Matt1988 mlp nemesis Platidonio Pmeswani poah redbaron rscott360 RupertRudd simpson_shoots sinimiphotography skymouse Tarmoo Thelfcdude888 thestarglider xposed zzdigital
Matt