Reminder Secure

[Advice on] Modelling for members only paysites

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
03 August 2012 08:05
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Doubt if any models will read this, but I'll use the thread as a reference for future correspondence on the subject.

Models generally seem under the misconception that if you work for a members only paysite then the content can only be seen by paying members. This is a reasonable assumption to make, but entirely inaccurate. The full galleries and full videos can only be seen legally by paying members, but any paysite relies on promotion and traffic.

They will regularly supply part galleries/old galleries/video clips to affiliates and promo companies. Remember if someone has paid you to pose for published content, they want as many people as physically possible to be aware of its existance...why wouldn't they?

This doesn't even take into account stolen content. Every single gallery of any note will be stolen by file sharers the minute it goes live.

You can see free content of almost any popular model simply by googling her and clicking on the links. Most of these links are sponsored by the owner of the content and one of the biggest boom areas on the internet is hosting these free gallery sites.

Again, the bottom line is dont expect to do any glamour or adult content and think it wont be easily accesable to anyone who chooses to search for you, thats not how the internet works. And also, don,t expect it to ever go away...it wont, even if the original source removed the content, it would be a physical impossibility to remove all the promo content and particularly all the stolen stolen content.

An internet paysite gallery is a bit like a raging wildfire, it starts of in one place, in days it has spread to numerious places, in weeks it is out of control and nothing can be done until it eventually burns out, but whatever you do it will still keep smouldering away and will pop up occassionally when you least expect it.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

03 August 2012 08:27
BaileyK
Model

I have noticed this too,
However you do tell models but it goes one ear and out the other...
Money does strange things to people.

07 August 2012 03:25
AndrewThomas
Photographer

money... who mentioned money?

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
07 August 2012 03:40
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

In simple terms if a picture is taken it will be visible to all.

I don't know why people do not understand this.

Whether it is for my purestorm folio or flikr etc or for Twisty's etc they will be visible to all.

Your Mun, Dad, 13 year old brother will probably see the pics at some point.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Skymouse is onlineGold Member
07 August 2012 04:25
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

If I may be forgiven for widening the topic, I would also add that not only will your photos and videos definitely be seen by all and sundry, but they will also eventually be seen alongside EVERY modelling name you've used for every kind of modelling (and in some cases, your real name once that has leaked out).

There are sites where you can type in a model name, and it instantly a) links to vast numbers of examples of stuff that model has done for pay sites of EVERY kind; and b) gives a handy list of all the modelling names that model has ever used.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

G Jack B is off-line
07 August 2012 04:40
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

And sorry to add to this but with face recognition software emerging then all images will soon be linked easily.

This works by having a single image of who you are looking for and then it will find all other matching images on the internet, this will be fully on line within a year or two at most.
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
07 August 2012 04:40
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

As usual, a well written an informative post by Ian.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

grisey is off-line
07 August 2012 05:22
grisey
Photographer

Clwyd

Nice Post Iain

samsara is off-line
07 August 2012 06:16
samsara
Model
samsara
Glasgow
will travel anywhere in the Uk

Brilliant post!
Think this valuable information must be red,If it hadn't been for people like Iain then I would of been none the wiser of this when i first started out.Simple if you don't want found out don't do it or do your research.

Sam

Nige Nw is off-lineSilver Member
07 August 2012 06:50
nige_nw
Photographer
nige_nw
Lancashire

Another key post, as often Iain.

I just hope this has not been spurred on by any paticular examples where it was mis-understood.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
DareMeDD harryking kategrimsby RoxyMendez ryansd
andrewf antoinewynn chicimages D_H_P dannyrich david1500 djb1 dorrian GGDP_Photography gperl ignite Ladiesman mlp parafotos penfold10 photostevo psn Rhadamanthus skymouse swalsh58 Thunder_Photos
harbourstudio