Reminder Secure

Model nicknames

02 August 2012 14:52
alshepherd
Model

Do you think its a good idea to use a "model name" instead of your own? Does it help in any way x
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
02 August 2012 14:58
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

www.iainthomson.com/getting-naked-on-the-internet
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

G Jack B is off-line
02 August 2012 16:22
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

IainT is 100% correct, the only think I would add is that as face recognition software improves (as it surely will over the next 1-3 years) it wont matter as someone will be able to search the internet for "face" images in the same way we google names today.
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Chrissie Red is off-line
02 August 2012 16:51
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

yes.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
03 August 2012 01:27
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

It's only of any use if you include things/words like XOXO, sexy, XXX, MILF, horny etc. in the username.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

03 August 2012 02:03
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker
It's only of any use if you include things/words like XOXO, sexy, XXX, MILF, horny etc. in the username.

You forgot "mum". The really classy ones are more like "sexc.X.mum.X"

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
03 August 2012 02:06
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I noticed one the other day who had boozy or something like that in her name

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Skymouse is onlineGold Member
03 August 2012 03:10
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

A well-chosen model nickname will be easier for people to remember. If you choose one that's unique, they won't get you mixed up with other models. A good test is to google some names and if you see loads of people with that name then it's not a very unique name and less useful for publicity.

It also helps if the name isn't dumb.

On another score, having one model name for this grenre and another model name for another genre isn't worth the effort, because people will soon enough make the connection and web sites will list all your nicknames togthers as "aka's". FUrthermore, your real name will possibly eventually get thrown in the mix, whether you want it or not. So you m,ay very well carefully have decided that you're "Tina Lee" for art nude and fashion, and other names for hardcore adult. But as far as the Internet as concerned, you're "TIna Leee e.k. Tina Suckem a.k.a. ShadowLightGrl, a.k.a. [ you real name here ] and can be found on the following sites: www.arsesstuffedtothemax.com, gorgeouslandscape.com, edgyfashiongirl.com, snidgeleysouthcameraclub.co.uk, gangskymouse is a naughty person edbyescapedconvicts.com etc.

Note: all names above are invented and don't refer to actual people or web sites.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

03 August 2012 03:16
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from skymouse

It also helps if the name isn't dumb.

Joking aside, this is so true and also really pompous names - although this is more the domain of photographers with issues.

Memorability is definitely the key, I think. I'm sitting here at a pc and I can't see a forum thread but I can name people... redchecker, fizzy, chrissiered, N-A_photography, IainT, zombiecandy, stuart... what do these names have in common? they arn't silly, they are memorable.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
03 August 2012 03:30
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Although it may or may not necessarily apply to you, in that i dont know what your asperations are, for models who want to make a career out of modelling, choice of name is quite important. I think for an art nude model something memorable and classy helps with the image the model is trying to present. Ivory Flame is a good example.

For glamour/adult, a believable, fairly unique name helps as your popularity depends on fan base and searchability. You want a name which will be fairly unique in terms of searchability, it also really needs to be a first and second name, rather than just a first, most webmasters now insist on this as i believe it is now pretty much a requirement for a lot of the promo gallery sites and helps greatly with searchability. Danielle Maye is a good example of a name for this genre
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ana45 DanielleWx ElleLaura LunaDaze MissCaraJane QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez
Belemboo claypaws cliffc firsttake gerry99111 GGDP_Photography Jack_Ryan nemesis peterh skymouse