advice please [Has Been Turned Into Another Chaperone Thread]

Jenny Wren is off-line
02 August 2012 13:09
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

I took a chaperone with me for my first couple of shoots, mostly to pay lip-service to my other halfs concerns for safety (after a previous non modelling incident) for a little while. I can honesty say that I much prefer working 1-1 with a photographer, a chaperone just put me off as I had another person to worry about if the shoot overran, we wanted to switch location etc.

Do your reference checks and make sure someone at home knows what time train you should be getting home, the location of the shoot and the photographers name and you'll be fine. You could even arrange to receive a call 10 minutes after the planned finishing time if you are really worried.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

02 August 2012 13:26
Dani-Elle
Model

If you have worked with photographers more local to you on a 1 to 1 basis and never had a problem in doing so then there is no reason why you should feel uneasy if its a little further from home providing they have the suitable references etc. If its the prospect of being so far away from home that concerns you then just do a few extra checks for your own piece of mind, i.e. message models that have worked with the said photographer previously.
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

Mike Riot is off-line
02 August 2012 14:53
MikeRiot
Photographer
MikeRiot
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Quote from DerwentPromotions
This post is surprising given the notes on her profile:

"I have worked with a wide variety of photographers on a diverse range of shoots. I have done studio work and I am also happy working with the elements on location."

Comments:

I am looking to broaden my portfolio by experimenting with new things. I can be versitile with my look and don't scare easily. I consider myself a laid back fun loving girl who enjoys a challenge.

She has been a member for 3 weeks though.

I swear... you're one of the biggest idiots I know
"Mike - The riot even the Kaiser Chiefs didnt predict" - clearview_photography

Spike is off-line
03 August 2012 03:53
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Model lives in town A, shoots with photographer from Town A - doesn't need a chaperone
Model lives in Town A shoots with photographer from Town B quite a distance from Town A, feels she needs a chaperone.

BTW Is a model from town B more at risk with the photographer from Town A or B??

Please discuss
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 ElleLaura EVSUMMERLIN Lanny1987 lynnesel Michelledefeo1
bob Cheshunt83 dave2008 digitalmood eosfan gattskirito glamorphotos Ladiesman oscar photostevo powerbook92 Richard99 rscott360 Snooper911 Stoker tricky881 whitepython Yekim