Reminder Secure

advice please [Has Been Turned Into Another Chaperone Thread]

02 August 2012 05:18
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from frankpht
A good way to test a photographer is ask if it's okay to bring a "chaperone" da da daaaaa! yes I said it. Depending on the excuse the photographer gives on why you should not bring one. Should give you some idea on how safe you might be.

Right so, for clarity, what excuse is good and what is bad?

Because last time I said "sorry, I've had only bad experiences" I got called a dirty old perve but some up her own arse "model".

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
02 August 2012 05:42
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Just updated my profile:

"Chaperones:

Never had one when shooting nudes in deserted places round the world. Not going to start now.
Have a look at my references here, and the Tags on my MM portfolio ( http://www.modelmayhem.com/hughalison ).
Talk to a couple of people who've shot with me. "
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

02 August 2012 05:50
mgphotomedia
Photographer

I honestly can't remember the last time a model asked me if she could bring a chaperone.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
02 August 2012 05:53
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Quote from Socialdisaster
Right so, for clarity, what excuse is good and what is bad? Because last time I said "sorry, I've had only bad experiences" I got called a dirty old perve but some up her own arse "model".

That's the problem there isn't one because no matter what reason a photographer will have.  The model will be the ultimate judge and in your case that model was an idiot.  I would say the photographer's response if it is reasoned and explained in a manner that allows the model to think.  Ok I get it.  Where as the photographer that goes wa wa wa bloody chaperones.   A model might think he didn't understand my concerns so I'll not work with him.

I could get peed off by the OP's assumtion that the home based photographer is dodgy.   We live in a paraniod society so I take it as part and parcel and not get upset by the ridiculous notion.   These issues aren't going to disappear so common sense has to rule the day we hope. 

02 August 2012 06:19
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from frankpht
I could get peed off by the OP's assumtion that the home based photographer is dodgy.   We live in a paraniod society so I take it as part and parcel and not get upset by the ridiculous notion.   These issues aren't going to disappear so common sense has to rule the day we hope. 

Lets face it, people are given to judge others on any little thing that they can get their claws into. Then they'll post about it and some new person will read it and slowly it becomes the given. Luckily it's usually only the very naive or unintelligent who actually take these comments as worthwhile.

02 August 2012 06:21
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from Hugh
Just updated my profile:

"Chaperones:

Never had one when shooting nudes in deserted places round the world. Not going to start now.
Have a look at my references here, and the Tags on my MM portfolio ( http://www.modelmayhem.com/hughalison ).
Talk to a couple of people who've shot with me. "

I should add to mine something like

"look, if a model trusts me enough to tie her hands and legs down as tightly as I can while she's naked except for a collar, an hour after she's met me and we are alone in my apartment, then I suggest any trust issues are *yours*"

hehe

Brian Buckland is off-lineSilver Member
02 August 2012 07:10
para
Photographer
para
Norfolk
Diss

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Many photographers work from home, nothing to be afraid of if he has good references then you will be fine. Also a good idea to contact some of the girls who have left him a reference and ask them for a bit more detail on what he is like to work with.

This is very good advice

I've lost count of models I've met at Diss station who have arrived on their own.Those who have driven here on their own and even girls flying from Manchester and Stanstead to Majorca on their own.

It's very common

02 August 2012 07:40
DerwentPromotions
Agency

This post is surprising given the notes on her profile:
"I have worked with a wide variety of photographers on a diverse range of shoots. I have done studio work and I am also happy working with the elements on location."

Comments:
I am looking to broaden my portfolio by experimenting with new things. I can be versitile with my look and don't scare easily. I consider myself a laid back fun loving girl who enjoys a challenge.

She has been a member for 3 weeks though.

02 August 2012 07:56
rattusratus
Model

Quote from DerwentPromotions
This post is surprising given the notes on her profile:
"I have worked with a wide variety of photographers on a diverse range of shoots. I have done studio work and I am also happy working with the elements on location."

Comments:
I am looking to broaden my portfolio by experimenting with new things. I can be versitile with my look and don't scare easily. I consider myself a laid back fun loving girl who enjoys a challenge.

She has been a member for 3 weeks though.

this isnt the only place people can model, she maybe on model mayhem, net model or even model from her own website of facebook

many models i know come here from other sites dosnt meen they have never worked before
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

02 August 2012 12:40
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

I agree with Chrissie's advice. I don't think I've taken a chaperone to a shoot since my very first one. 

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777
Fluffypup Happysnappyj Rhadamanthus timwalton42 woody