Reminder Secure

Confidence infront of the camera

30 July 2012 08:58
alshepherd
Model

How do you make yourself look confident infront of the camera?
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Alan Wilson is off-line
30 July 2012 09:23
alanwilson
Photographer
alanwilson
Kent

Quote from alshepherd

See the camera as a stage, and put yourself in acting mode if you wish to portray a different persona, otherwise just be naturally yourself, which in turn will demonstrate confidence.

Former Crowborough resident.

Chrissie Red is off-line
30 July 2012 09:28
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

The more you do it the more you feel confident..
It helps when the photographer is good and shows you the images as you progress or maybe comments that the pose is "perfect" or something like that.

30 July 2012 13:14
AbiHillModel
Model

Practice - either in front of a camera or in a mirror. Work on poses etc there and it'll come naturally on a shoot.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

Aimee Curry is off-line
30 July 2012 14:47
sexyswindler
Model
sexyswindler
Buckinghamshire
Milton Keynes

Just have fun with it
Follow me :) @aimee_curry

GR Photography is off-line
31 July 2012 07:02
GRPhotography
Photographer
GRPhotography
Berkshire

Quote from alshepherd

from a photographers point of view, build a rappor with the photographer.. If the photographer is good then he will do this, they will make you feel comfortable and help with direction, 

I, when I shoot models also communicate and reassure almost every frame.. the communication puts models at ease giving them confidence, even if a poor pose or bad expression I would not relay this to the model , it give models a complex and they loose confidence... 

the last thing would be the experience once you have it then you will automatically have confidence in what you do. Being able to do whats asked by the photographer and seeing this in the images produced will massively boost confindence and make it easier as you go along.

You also have to enjoy it, if you don't it will show right away, if you are interested in the concept you will naturally try harder cheeky just have fun
Try Harder - Failure is not an option

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
CJ2015B DareMeDD evajohnson MissCaraJane QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez Sammy_Louise
BOBREEVES carshaltonkev chandos chicimages DabImagery Daveinsurrey Essexjohn gerry99111 goZzee hylander ianbutty JRFox Kjoservices mikehemmings modelboutique myp55 Opalapertures orca_photography PhilWinterbourne PHP_Photography redbaron robhillphoto snappychap sniffer stevegosh Stevew1 TinDolls