Reminder Secure

Vital things to take to a shoot

Frank Sinnott is off-line
31 July 2012 19:06
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

The more important question is. What not to bring first an attitude but you must be able to provide one when asked. Second high expectations the lower the better that way the photographer doesn't feel pressure. Third a sense that you know more about photography than the photographer. We don't like it when you've got a better camera than us. Finally tight underwear if you're doing a nude shoot. As most of us photographer's are usually bigger than models. So tight knickers won't fit us. Did I mention anything about high expectations.

01 August 2012 06:01
Gfun
Photographer

Quote from 1919_Images
I'm the complete opposite, I hate bras on shoots even though I dont do hardly any topless stuff, the only time I want to see one is if thats all the model is wearing on top, otherwise you've got straps appearing every few shots, strange lumps and bumps showing, straps appearing under arms and marks from where theyve been, along with clothing labels which flap about and stickers on the soles of shoes theyre my pet hate.

Thats why the nude t shirt bra and no vpl nickers are a must, they cover the models 'bits' without showing.  

01 August 2012 06:23
rattusratus
Model

Quote from RupertRudd
A strong red lipstick.

dont own any.... i find them increadbly tacky, they make people look like drag queens and stain the skin which increadbly hard to cover

i have subtle burgandy lipsticks, i have a bright red lip liner for high lights and lots of red tinted lip glosses that dont stain but when i shoot models the two no-nos that make me cringe is black lipstick and red lipstick just badly smeared on (usually from a lipstick thats half melted in the make up bag)
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

01 August 2012 06:28
BaileyK
Model

Quote from rattusratus
dont own any.... i find them increadbly tacky, they make people look like drag queens and stain the skin which increadbly hard to cover

i have subtle burgandy lipsticks, i have a bright red lip liner for high lights and lots of red tinted lip glosses that dont stain but when i shoot models the two no-nos that make me cringe is black lipstick and red lipstick just badly smeared on (usually from a lipstick thats half melted in the make up bag)

These are red... I don't see tacky & the model certainly doesn't look like a drag queen

01 August 2012 06:36
rattusratus
Model

my basic list i keep on my desktop, i use it when i model (although its usually tailored towards what the tog shoots) and send it to models im going to work with

3-5 pairs of bra/pants
2-3 pairs of jeans
1 summer top
1 winter top
2 pair of matching lingerie
1 vest top
1 black dress
1 white dress
1 pair of black heels
1 pair of casual footwear
2-3 necklaces
2-3 other accessories
1 hair bobble

300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

01 August 2012 06:39
rattusratus
Model

Quote from xxmrmthxx
A long coat or something to quickly throw on when annoying dog walkers appear

+1

01 August 2012 06:41
rattusratus
Model

Quote from BaileyK
These are red... I don't see tacky & the model certainly doesn't look like a drag queen

well applied not smeared on and once again looks like a gloss i own

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Ebbrell1991 indiaxxx kacie Winterlilly
bbphotos cliffc dazglam ellessephotography fineartbysimon Jyp Kjoservices Ladiesman nickdandalos p4pFetography parafotos Thunder_Photos Willjamieson