Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Yep, being pale rocks!

29 July 2012 14:42
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Went on a sunbed once. Freaked out after 30 seconds as it was so claustrophobic and HOT. Now I avoid the sun phobically as I burn really easily. I love being pale!
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

31 July 2012 15:34
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Even fake tan is bad for you 

Frank Sinnott is off-line
31 July 2012 19:12
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Did anyone watch Horizon last week about ageing. One thing for sure sun worshippers are shortening their youthful looks dramatically.

01 August 2012 03:22
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from frankpht
Did anyone watch Horizon last week about ageing. One thing for sure sun worshippers are shortening their youthful looks dramatically.

I didn't see that but i'm sure it falls into the exact same category as "smoking gives you cancer". In that very few doing it, will care.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

GR Photography is off-line
01 August 2012 07:14
GRPhotography
Photographer
GRPhotography
Berkshire

I am not being funny but do what the hell you want, you are your own person... if you want to get old and die of skin cancer go for it...

if you want to look ridiculous with fake bake tan on cause it makes you happy do it

there are more chances of dying of other things

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/oct/28/mortality-statistics-causes-death-england-wales-2010#zoomed-picture

its an old one but first one I found when i searched.

I use sunbeds but not often , maybe do 2 or 3 in a 2 weeks space then don't do any for months .... I sunbathe when I go on holiday and hardly use sunblock

but then I am not one of these people that wont go out through fear of getting run over by a bus.... if I did I never would of joined the Army and went to war, I wouldn't of jump out of planes...

answer to your question above it probably would still tan you through your fake bake stuff but I gotta ask you , why would you wear fake than and then sunbed ....
Try Harder - Failure is not an option

John VonGeezer is off-line
07 August 2012 12:31
GaryWallace
Photographer

Dorset
Bournemouth

Aparently during the War women used to rub gravy powder into their skin to get a healthy tan type glow - I bet that wont give you cance

(might attract fles and dogs though - but still better than cancer)

Chrissie Red is off-line
07 August 2012 12:41
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I remember once I was out with a friend who banged into one of her friends - this chick was beyond orange and we put our arms together to compare, she actually said "oh maybe I have overdone it with the fake tan" - I think she is/was so used to seeing herself bright orange and her friends bright orange that she didn't realise how ridiculous she actually looked. I have seen the lass since and she is a few shades lighter and looks less like an alien now Plus her skin looks so much healthier and better for it.

Just get some really really pale friends Tayla, even minimal fake tan will make you look much darker if you are standing next to lots of pale chicks

07 August 2012 12:53
AbiHillModel
Model

I remember back when I was in 6th form i'd nip down to the town centre and have a 10 minute sunbed at least 3 days a week, probably 4. I was hopeless at applying fake tan and I was allergic to the cheap stuff like st Moritz so sunbeds worked out cheaper, also my logic was that if i used an SPF15 on my face and a 6 all over, i'd tan as safely as possible but still tan, if you see what I mean?

I'm a bit better with fake tan now but if I need to look tanned but be waterproof for a shoot (nothing worse than swimwear on a beach and a runny fake tan!) i'll hop on the sunbeds for 10 minutes a few days before a shoot.

Luckily I have olive skin so tan really easily and whatnot, but I still try to look after my skin if i do insist on sunbed use so that i don't look like my favourite handbag in 10 years time.

(and for those "just be pale" - no. I look ILL when i'm not tanned. I don't go orange by any stretch but my skin looks clearer and healthier with even a light tan)
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Craigchesham Gothic_Kitty sarahjane1
act1on Dalesdesigns Dave@studio99 Daveinsurrey digimarx djb1 kimsandman2 laurencejpower lukaszmarcinkowski nickdandalos Roundhouse rscott360 tonycsm whitehammerclarke