21 July 2012 14:53
unendingsleep
Model
unendingsleep
Gloucestershire
gloucester

Hi
Well im relatively new to this
Ive been on several shoots and had the pleasure of working with some great togs who know there stuff
But I suffered with anorexia and dysmorphia as a teen ive recovered or recovering whichever way you want to look at it
So just being able to go to shoots is a huge achievement for me and to say im a model
I do however get days when I think god youre not good enough to do this. (that never affects me turning up for a shoot or interferes with work in any way)
Do you get off days?how do you cope?any tips to feel good about yourself on those off days?
Any tips you find boost your confidence would be helpful
Thankyou
All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege

21 July 2012 17:31
alshepherd
Model

I get like that, I put on a bit of wieght, not much, but it completely changed they way I thought I looked. I've gpt bipolar so some days its very had for me to get out of bed, but I force myself. I've found in most cases, unless they are a crappy photographer, a shoot really cheers me up and builds my confidence, especially when I get good images from it x
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Aimee Curry is off-line
22 July 2012 09:43
sexyswindler
Model
sexyswindler
Buckinghamshire
Milton Keynes

I never get like that. I know I haven't got the best body, but I'm happy enough to be confident. Confidence is sexy! Your body is the only one you're gonna get, so rock it!

Xx
Follow me :) @aimee_curry

gerda.m.model is off-lineSilver Member
22 July 2012 09:55
gerda_babbii
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
gerda_babbii
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from sexyswindler
I never get like that. I know I haven't got the best body, but I'm happy enough to be confident. Confidence is sexy! Your body is the only one you're gonna get, so rock it!

Xx

You would say that lol your stunning
www.gerdamodelling.weebly.com

Fallen Angel is off-line
01 August 2012 13:05
fallingAngel
Model
fallingAngel
Merseyside
wirral

My confidence is non exsistant, i see other girls and compare myself all the time.
Im thinking of getting a boob job (for myself) as after i had my little girl shes now 5 my boobs shrunk and now look like deflated balloons so that doesnt help my confidence and when i look in the mirror i just hate the person staring bk at me, so i would be so interested in knowing the answer to this too

xx

01 August 2012 14:12
AbiHillModel
Model

I remind myself what I went through as a kid/teenager (constant torment from the age of 10, even to this day) and that i'm lucky to have had the opportunities I have had, regardless of what i might think of myself on a bad day. Girls would kill to have been the places i've been and meet the people i've met. It would be sinful of me not to at least try and make the most of the opportunities i've been blessed with.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

Fizzy is off-line
01 August 2012 14:18
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Everyone gets like this now and again. I just remind myself that even the most beautiful women I've ever seen have these same off days and have things they hate about their body too. I also try not to beat myself up for not looking like a fashion model. Yes, they're beautiful but that's not the only type of beauty in the world.

When I get really bad I go and get a cuddle or talk to my friends, or have a bath and read a good book. I try to distract myself from it.
Art nude model - £35ph

01 August 2012 16:08
bravepioneer
Photographer

Quote from fizzy
Yes, they're beautiful but that's not the only type of beauty in the world.

So true!

Cinddy_ is off-line
01 August 2012 16:40
Cinddy_
Model
Cinddy_
West Midlands
Dudley

Every woman is beautiful in her own way, skinny,curvy,tall,short,whatever. Different Photographers are looking for different types of models. My boyfriend is my best confidence boost, he loves looking at my photos, cheers my up, supports me, he tells me every day that he is so proud of me,that I look great,and understands when I have bad days,so I can stay in bed all day and do nothing. I also know a few very supportive photographers who just boost my confidence every time we work together. Sometimes I read my feedbacks, it helps.
Cinddy

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
01 August 2012 19:06
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

I used to feel like this quite often but now I work full time with people who have learning and/or physical disabilities. My clients are faced with prejudice and segregation frequently and often have very limited control or choice of how they look. Yet, in general, they put all of this aside. They stick up a proverbial middle finger, face the world with a smile and 'get on with it'. That's my biggest example and one I still try to follow the best I can..

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ebbrell1991 Liammcilroy1 Olivia75 Stephieb27 Winterlilly
ad360photo bradder Bristoltalent ChrisNewton david1500 donaldmac dorrian duncanpritchard geoffmarchant Grahampics Jackalltog Jamesrichards Jan77 JOOPninja kaosrox kimsandman2 Ladiesman LGI Lssm2 Markavenell mikehemmings Photokirk1 Platidonio skymouse stevebenson two_stops Willjamieson Willy_O