Reminder Secure

Why can't you reply to emails?

20 July 2012 09:44
PixandFlix
Photographer

I do not wish to tar every model with the same brush, but what has happenend to good manners?

As a new'ish photographer on here I am looking to build up a decent portfolio and as such I have sent very respectful emails to a number of models on here, both amateur and professional with only one person having the decency to reply! I fully understand if you are not available or even do not want to work with an amateur photographer, but does it take so much effort to click the reply button and say "No Thanks"!

I know that models have to put up with some less desirable and possibly pervvy togs on here but please can I ask that we all just have some manners and reply to emails.

I dare say I will get berated for this thread but I would love to hear others views on this particularly from models.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 July 2012 09:45
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Blimey, not heard this one for a while
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

20 July 2012 09:49
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Let me break it to you as gently as I can.

No reply is cypher for "You're work is mgphotomedia is a naughty person but I can't bear to tell you".

So by not replying they're actually trying to be nice.

As ever, try to remain positive and whatever happens don't advertise your shortcomings on the forums.

20 July 2012 09:57
starr8
Model

I always reply to mails that I gets as I found out that good manners are so important in this type of work.

Chris Richards is off-line
20 July 2012 10:02
crlightworks
Photographer
crlightworks
East Sussex
Crowborough

How long has it been since you sent the messages? For my next shoot, the model didn't reply for 3 weeks.

Don't get disheartened though, it's very much a numbers game.

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 July 2012 10:02
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

*tumbleweed*

20 July 2012 10:26
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from crlightworks
... For my next shoot, the model didn't reply for 3 weeks.

I hope it works out OK but personally I'd have a worrisome knot in the pit of my stomach. Maybe she was just away on an extended vacation - somewhere remote with no internet access. Or something like that.

Chrissie Red is off-line
20 July 2012 10:32
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from PixandFlix
I do not wish to tar every model with the same brush, but what has happenend to good manners? As a new'ish photographer on here I am looking to build up a decent portfolio and as such I have sent very respectful emails to a number of models on here, both amateur and professional with only one person having the decency to reply! I fully understand if you are not available or even do not want to work with an amateur photographer, but does it take so much effort to click the reply button and say "No Thanks"! I know that models have to put up with some less desirable and possibly pervvy togs on here but please can I ask that we all just have some manners and reply to emails. I dare say I will get berated for this thread but I would love to hear others views on this particularly from models.

Its not just a "models" thing, photographers do it too.
Some people just don't reply, maybe they are rude/not interested or busy but either way least it saves you time in the long run chasing them for dates or turning up and being no showed on. So look at the positives in it

Mike Croshaw is off-line
20 July 2012 10:36
Mcroshaw
Photographer
Mcroshaw
Berkshire

I'm afraid you'll need to develop a fairly thick skin about this. Some models get a LOT of requests, especially for TF. If you were asking about paid shoots I would expect a better response, but if your just starting out you will need to pay for some shoots until you get a decent portfolio. Sorry, going a bit off track here.

Moi is off-line
20 July 2012 10:38
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from RedChecker
Blimey, not heard this one for a while

Maybe we should have a system like at Prime Ministers Question time in the House of Commons and number the things that come up frequently

The first question at PMQ is normally "will the Prime Minister list his engagements for the day" so someone simply shouts out "Number one, Mr. Speaker"

Maybe whoever opened a topic could just put

Number One - could refer to ‘No Shows’

Number Two – Macaroons

Number Three – Rude Photographers

etc
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
caz0054 hayleyrooney pinklilly REDXXX Tashaholz
bazza53 cwphotos dorrian George99 jayfish Jobbo51 keltica Ladiesman Matt1988 mauricesimagery mikeA mlp MrDL nik300 ownimage panda49 RealityImaging Spiritofwales steveh32 tms Vinceb Willy_O