Reminder Secure

Is it fat?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
19 July 2012 18:35
alshepherd
Model

I've noticed recently my hips are a wierd shape, they are quite square and go in a little at the knicker line, do you thing the shape of my hip will flow a little better if I lose a bit of weight? or would it be the shape of my hip bones? I know I havent explained this very well x
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Jenelle_James is off-line
19 July 2012 19:06
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

i know what u mean cos i have this aswell and i totally hate it, for some reason its more noticable this year for me, it isnt to do with the shape of ur hips but i believe whats happening here is actually on the hips or at the top of the hips, people who have this(and have it where its extremely noticable) would call it the beginnings of a muffin top, stick on a pair of jeans and u may notice ur waist goes in as it should then a lil bulge at the sides and will probably also lead round near the back. i completely hate this any jeans that are slightly tighter on me i couldnt get away with wearin a tight top cos people walkin behins me would just see this lil bulge stickin out over my jeans.

However, im actually going back to the gym myself tomorrow for the first time, i had a severe joint problem last year and im almost 100%, due to my joint problem i lost a lot of muscle, now ive regained some of that muscle i just feel bloated and podged, i will be asking my instructor how to get rid of the lil podge round my sides, i do believe it can be a toughie to get rid of the muffin top/side fat/hip fat whatever one will call it, but its not impossible, i know theres several things to try but i'll judge better i guess after tomorrow, ive heard zumba is really good and one thing thats worked on me in the past is pole dancing

19 July 2012 19:19
alshepherd
Model

Quote from Jenelle_James
i know what u mean cos i have this aswell and i totally hate it, for some reason its more noticable this year for me, it isnt to do with the shape of ur hips but i believe whats happening here is actually on the hips or at the top of the hips, people who have this(and have it where its extremely noticable) would call it the beginnings of a muffin top, stick on a pair of jeans and u may notice ur waist goes in as it should then a lil bulge at the sides and will probably also lead round near the back. i completely hate this any jeans that are slightly tighter on me i couldnt get away with wearin a tight top cos people walkin behins me would just see this lil bulge stickin out over my jeans.

However, im actually going back to the gym myself tomorrow for the first time, i had a severe joint problem last year and im almost 100%, due to my joint problem i lost a lot of muscle, now ive regained some of that muscle i just feel bloated and podged, i will be asking my instructor how to get rid of the lil podge round my sides, i do believe it can be a toughie to get rid of the muffin top/side fat/hip fat whatever one will call it, but its not impossible, i know theres several things to try but i'll judge better i guess after tomorrow, ive heard zumba is really good and one thing thats worked on me in the past is pole dancing

I really want to do pole dancing, I've kinda lost touch with exercise as I've buggered my back and wrists I'm trying to lose a bit, but it doesn't seem to be working, thyroid is playing up too, once everythings better I'm going to start using mini weights. they are suppose to be good for fast cardio x

19 July 2012 19:19
alshepherd
Model

Quote from Jenelle_James

I really want to do pole dancing, I've kinda lost touch with exercise as I've buggered my back and wrists I'm trying to lose a bit, but it doesn't seem to be working, thyroid is playing up too, once everythings better I'm going to start using mini weights. they are suppose to be good for fast cardio x

SuzyLaura is off-line
20 July 2012 03:24
SuzyLaura
Model

Hampshire
southampton

My hips are a weird shape too i hate it! i have a skinny mid rif but hips are mega huge you can try and tone your hips but you cant change your hip bone unfortunately, i wish i could lol

Cha is off-line
20 July 2012 03:34
charlie_cha
Model
charlie_cha
Kent

Hey!
What did you do to your back, tried seeing a chriopractor? They helped me quite a bit, just watch some as they try to get you to come in too often!

Fat loss- mainly down to what you eat unfortunately, I worked as a gym instructor for a few years, and realised most people are happy to do 30minutes of cardio per day, but not change what they eat, which is what makes the most difference!

20 July 2012 05:00
Jackass
Photographer

Quote from alshepherd
I've noticed recently my hips are a wierd shape, they are quite square and go in a little at the knicker line, do you thing the shape of my hip will flow a little better if I lose a bit of weight? or would it be the shape of my hip bones? I know I havent explained this very well x

I can't see ANYTHING that looks "weird", quite the opposite and I'd be quite happy to work with you.

Of course, I am a man...
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

20 July 2012 06:44
rattusratus
Model

i pretty sure its the shape of the hip bone as mine used to be rounded until i had my son and my hips pushed outwards, there is a cosmetic procedure where they can lipo-suction a fatter area like the thigh and use the fat to round out the hip by filling the voids but its expensive, losing weight probably wont change much
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

20 July 2012 06:52
alshepherd
Model

Quote from charlie_cha
Hey!
What did you do to your back, tried seeing a chriopractor? They helped me quite a bit, just watch some as they try to get you to come in too often!

Fat loss- mainly down to what you eat unfortunately, I worked as a gym instructor for a few years, and realised most people are happy to do 30minutes of cardio per day, but not change what they eat, which is what makes the most difference!

I pretty much live at the osteopath all other practices simular, I was hairdressing for three years and I think that hasn't helped, it's effected my wrists, which ment I had to give up, I can deal with pain, but when your hands spazz out no one wants you holding sharp objects . Thats the annoying thing, I find healthy foods tastey, so I'm good with my foods. Mind you I should go to the gym more than I do, one of my army friends used to train me which was good because he used to push me x

Matt Harper is off-line
20 July 2012 07:15
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

What?
Pretty much every woman, apart from the chubbers and stick insects, have this shape
From the waist, the shape goes out, then there is a light depression, as you say, on the knicker line or close to it, then out a bit more and then a flow in to the outer thigh.

Of course, there are some who have a smooth curve all the way down the hip to the thigh, but not that many. It is usually accompanied by a huge bottom.

It might be that it is the result of wearing knickers, jeans etc. Some photographers edit this and smooth the curve, I have myself, several times.

I really wouldn't worry about it. The problem is, possibly, women are looking for faults in themselves that aren't there.

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bane711 Blancho George99 iestyn photofrank Platidonio sammylhel siclews Steveh32 viewphotographic