PJA Media is off-line
14 July 2012 10:37
PJAMedia
Photographer
PJAMedia
Strathclyde
Glasgow

Hi,

I have been let down for the 3rd time by the same model this weekend. My assiatant e-mailed her the day before to check all was OK, and several hours later we received a reply to advise that she wouldn't be coming due to family issues. This is despite the fact that a second model was booked for that shoot and I had purchased (with this model's knowledge) a flight ticket for the second model. Twice last year this same model failed to show for shoots we had arranged - but then she had a different profile on PS, and I did leave negative feedback at the time after that second failure. Now she has a different profile, so my negative feedback from that time doesn't show.

After the first no-show, in June 2011 she contacted me by e-mail saying that there were medical issues with a family member, and she apologised, saying she did not have access to a PC, so couldn't contact me - despite the fact she had my number and had logged on to PS that day.  I had been calling her in the lead up to the shoot without any answer. Anyway I gave her the benefit of the doubt and re-arranged the shoot a few weeks later  (July 2011). Well that date came and went, and again she didn't show. Then later in the day of the supposed shoot, I received an e-mail suggesting it was from her father, and also suggesting that she had been in hospital and apologising that she couldn't make the shoot. Strange thing was, the text in that message was written with exactly the same gramatical flaws that her own e-mails are written in, and I could also see that she had logged on to PS that day of the planned shoot - despite the fact she claimed to be in hospital!

So the reason for this post - given that this model now has failed to show for a 3rd time, I feel obliged to leave negative feedback, and also negative feedback to reiterate those first 2 no-shows last year (given she now has a new profile, and so my previous feedback is lost). I posted those 3 negative feedbacks a few moments ago, but only the latter of the three appears against her profile. This therefore is not alowing me to make a representaive statement as to the poor reliability of this model.

Not only has this model let herself down, but she has also let a second model down, and has caused me great expense in both lost income and flight costs. I feel therefore that I should be allowed to leave appropriate feedback in some what which adequately describes this model for others to heed!

Can you please assist with this?

Thanks and best regards,

Paul A
PJA Media Website: http://www.pjamedia.com Model jobs on offer here: http://modelsearch.pjamedia.com

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
14 July 2012 10:46
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from PJAMedia
This therefore is not alowing me to make a representaive statement as to the poor reliability of this model.

Which is more worrying - the "poor reliability" of the model or the common sense failure of somebody who gives three chances? I work on the principle of once bitten, twice shy. As this site is packed with models who are looking for work, why bother chasing somebody who has let you down not once but twice?
Bob

Laura McIntyre (née Ford) is off-line
14 July 2012 10:56
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Lothian
West Lothian and Edinburgh

Quote from PJAMedia
I posted those 3 negative feedbacks a few moments ago, but only the latter of the three appears against her profile. This therefore is not alowing me to make a representaive statement as to the poor reliability of this model.

You can't post multiple feedbacks on one profile, you can only post once and then update/change that same bit of feedback again later if you so choose, that's why it's only showing up once. One blue face shows you weren't happy, there's no real need for 3 in a row.
A dry sponge is a happy sponge.

PJA Media is off-line
14 July 2012 12:13
PJAMedia
Photographer
PJAMedia
Strathclyde
Glasgow

Quote from Bob
Which is more worrying - the "poor reliability" of the model or the common sense failure of somebody who gives three chances?

Bob, you are right - it was a stupid move in hindsight. I did tell the model last year that I would never work with her again, but my assistant spotted her thinking she was a new model as she cambe back on PS with a different name - she got interest from a client and arranged the shoot, only for me to realise it was the same gal who let me down before. As the clients were paying good money for the shoot, and wanted her specifically, then I just kept my fingers crossed that she had turned over a new leaf. Apparently that isn't the case!

Quote from Bob
As this site is packed with models who are looking for work, why bother chasing somebody who has let you down not once but twice?
Bob

This site is not packed with models who my client wants me to shoot unfortunately. Most of the good models I have shot already!

Quote from Purple_Girl
One blue face shows you weren't happy, there's no real need for 3 in a row.

It's not 3 in a row - its 3 over a 12 month period for 3 different shoots she failed to show for. If a model has one bad feedback it could be construde as a misunderstanding or bad organisation, but a one-off. If she has 3 over a duration then it highlights to other potential interest that she is unreliable. It's important to be able to accurately appraise models on their performance, as it is photographers. Fortnately most of the feedback I leave is positive, for hardworking, ambitious models. If somebody is a trouble maker then others need to be warned - I would hate to think others were also out of pocket because it wasn't possible to warn them appropriately.

Im also a little concerned that the model in question was able to remove her old profile which contained negative feedback, and start afresh with a new profile - talk about wiping the slate clean!

Cheers, Paul
PJA Media Website: http://www.pjamedia.com Model jobs on offer here: http://modelsearch.pjamedia.com

HowardJ is off-line
14 July 2012 12:50
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I think the feedback system doesn't allow you to do three separate feedback statements on one person. The last one you make always overwrites the previous ones, so if you shot a model 2 years ago and left feedback and then shot her again today and left feedback, the feedback from today would totally replace the feedback you left previously. If you want to retain the previous feedback you need to cut and paste the text from it into the feedback box and then add your new feedback. Usually I add headings like "Third Shoot: Feedback Second Shoot: Feedback First Shoot: Feedback but you can only have one smiley or unhappy face for the whole feedback entry, which is your most recent view of the model.

PJA Media is off-line
14 July 2012 13:05
PJAMedia
Photographer
PJAMedia
Strathclyde
Glasgow

Quote from HowardJ
I think the feedback system doesn't allow you to do three separate feedback statements on one person. The last one you make always overwrites the previous ones, so if you shot a model 2 years ago and left feedback and then shot her again today and left feedback, the feedback from today would totally replace the feedback you left previously. If you want to retain the previous feedback you need to cut and paste the text from it into the feedback box and then add your new feedback. Usually I add headings like "Third Shoot: Feedback Second Shoot: Feedback First Shoot: Feedback but you can only have one smiley or unhappy face for the whole feedback entry, which is your most recent view of the model.

Howard, thanks for the reply. I do realise what you are saying is true. I was posting it in this forum as I want the admins to realise that this is essentially a flaw in their policy which needs adressing.

Thanks, Paul

HowardJ is off-line
14 July 2012 13:41
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Isn't it covered by the first post on http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=74976

PJA Media is off-line
14 July 2012 13:59
PJAMedia
Photographer
PJAMedia
Strathclyde
Glasgow

Quote from HowardJ
Isn't it covered by the first post on http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=74976

Howard - that depends what you mean by 'it'.

That refrers to models creating a new profile to mask bad feedback on a prior one. My statement above suggests that we sould be entitled to leave a feedback for each shoot booked - so 3 shoots, 3 feedbacks. I presumed that's why there was a date attributed with leaving feedback. I mean if we were allowed to leave only one, then we should be able to select the date each time we update it and still have references to the previous dates in the comments, showing how many times we left feedback and the dates of each.

HowardJ is off-line
14 July 2012 14:02
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from PJAMedia
Howard - that depends what you mean by 'it'.

That refrers to models creating a new profile to mask bad feedback on a prior one. My statement above suggests that we sould be entitled to leave a feedback for each shoot booked - so 3 shoots, 3 feedbacks. I presumed that's why there was a date attributed with leaving feedback. I mean if we were allowed to leave only one, then we should be able to select the date each time we update it and still have references to the previous dates in the comments, showing how many times we left feedback and the dates of each.

Yeah, I can see your point and it's probably easier to implement the way you've specified it although it uses a little more storage as you end up with 3 feedback records each with their own notes..... sorry the geek in me is coming out...

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
14 July 2012 16:52
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

It's not feedback like eBay, but a recommendation. Either you do, or you do NOT recommend the model. Say I have 80 feedbacks, that is for 80 individuals that do recommend me. Maybe you could get the other model she was letting down to give her a bad ref? Regardless it is against the rules to make new accounts to dodge feedbacks.

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
android_man Antz dby47 flair_photography Pval Steveh32