HAYFEVER!!!!!

Jenny Wren is off-line
07 July 2012 05:40
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Sounds silly but I find eating local honey on my toast works. Something to do with the honey is made from the same pollen you are having a reaction to so by eating it you are giving your body a chance to build up a resistance to it. Kind of giving yourself a vaccine, but a nice one! Wouldn't work instantly - for that I use Tesco own brand.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

07 July 2012 10:17
BexClark22
Model

Quote from JennyWren
Sounds silly but I find eating local honey on my toast works. Something to do with the honey is made from the same pollen you are having a reaction to so by eating it you are giving your body a chance to build up a resistance to it. Kind of giving yourself a vaccine, but a nice one! Wouldn't work instantly - for that I use Tesco own brand.

Someone else said that to me aswell, I did buy some local honey so have been trying it but I guess it does take a little while to work!

Stu Buckland is off-line
07 July 2012 11:34
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

Brand is really at the end of the day not important, they all have the same chemicals (and a majority are manufactured by the same company). The non-drowsy hayfever tablets contain Loratadine and drowsy ones (but more effective) contain Cetirizine Hydrochloride. I use the drowsy ones and to be honest, I never feel drowsy from them.

Local honey can be beneficial, as does eating oranges (especially satsumas) as they also contain a natural antihistamine.

To try to minimise exposure, try to avoid going out first thing in the morning or late afternoon, and if sunny, stay in the sunshine as opposed to the shade. Indoors you really going to have to balance suffering to comfort. To really minimise effects you'd have to really close all windows. But you can try to make it less uncomfortable in warmer weather by getting things like air-con units with good filters or if more on a budget, things like ionisers (which are pretty cheap) which gives a positive charge to the air and particles, causing them to drop to the floor. You can have those dotted around your place, one per room with the door closed and it will help to lower the effects of hayfever.

I hope this all helps!

Studio Studios is off-lineSilver Member
07 July 2012 11:34
SilverpondStudio
Studio

Kent
Ashford

Go back to your doctors and say they aren't working and you really are suffering, they should upgrade your prescription to someting stronger? Perhaps Neoclarityn instead of normal clarityn.
Silverpond Studios - 24/7 Studio Hire - Check out the website! Any queries, send us a message here on Purestorm!

07 July 2012 13:12
allegra
Model

The only thing that has ever worked for me is something called mizollen ( or something like that ). Only available on prescription and unfortunately I haven't managed to get to the doctors this year so I'm suffering!

Strangely enough, the only thing that completely wipes it out altogether (no pills) is adrenaline. I can have streaming eyes and a nose that is beyond blocked but if I give a piano recital it disappears about an hour before. Massively convenient. Also if I am nervous (more than normal jitters) it goes. I have no idea why but I know it works!

07 July 2012 20:53
emmwood
Model

There's 4 main types of hayfever tablets under various branding names and companies. They are cetirizine, loratadine, acrivastine and fexofenadine. I have to rotate mine or I end up becoming immune to it. I find acrivastine is the strongest. The most common form of acrivastine is Benedryl.

- Emma

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ch_mon eclipsephoto ellessephotography jeromoek modelimaging Photojames43 Pictureimage rscott360