models and tattoos - cover up

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Rachie Buckley is off-line
04 July 2012 17:45
Rachiebuckley
Model

East Sussex
Brighton

Thought i'd share some tips and discussions about models with tattoos!

My tattoo cover up video - http://youtu.be/Ggj0z06wfq0

I'm a internationally published Glamour model and have 3 large tattoos. I find some clients prefer them covered so I found the most amazing tattoo cover up make-up thought i'd share with you guys as i'm often asked how I cover them.. and it's nice to be able to do work for clients who both like and dislike tattoos. I use sally hansens airbrush legs which isn't intended for tattoos but covers them amazing and is very waterproof!

05 July 2012 07:11
Nel05
Model

Oh wow, you'd never know. Thanks for sharing Rachie, I will definately be getting some of that bought

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
06 July 2012 04:40
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Not very successful, I'm afraid - the tattoo area is a totally different colour - yellow/green - while the rest of you is brown/pink.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

06 July 2012 05:13
_Maz_
Model

Quote from Hugh
Not very successful, I'm afraid - the tattoo area is a totally different colour - yellow/green - while the rest of you is brown/pink.

+1
Could tell straight off the mark you have a chest piece - word has it the Sephora cover up stuff works really well though!
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

Ashley Cameron is off-line
06 July 2012 05:13
ashleycameron
Photographer
ashleycameron
London
London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mIBKifOOQQ

King13 is off-lineSilver Member
06 July 2012 05:23
kingnorman13NK
Photographer

London

I suspect there is more than just the cream going on - looks like some obvious Photoshop editing as well. Sorry but it doesn't work well enough for me. And why leave that bit on the arm showing?

06 July 2012 05:33
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from kingnorman13NK
I suspect there is more than just the cream going on - looks like some obvious Photoshop editing as well. Sorry but it doesn't work well enough for me. And why leave that bit on the arm showing?

Just looks like bad clone brush to be honest, you can see repeating... for want of a better word "pores".

I remember seeing this on TV, Kat VonD, impressed me at the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qeIYMrBltY

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
06 July 2012 05:48
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from Nel05
Oh wow, you'd never know. Thanks for sharing Rachie, I will definately be getting some of that bought

I would like to think this was posted in irony.

The cover up is so obvious, its the first thing you notice in the image

I'm pretty convinced there are no products which cover up tattoos. Why try to cover a tattoo or photoshop it anyway?...either accept the model has a tattoo or book a model who doesn't...would surely be the sensible thing to do....?
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

06 July 2012 05:58
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Am I the only one that wonders if the profile is real? You know, sign up day 1, advertise product on forums on day 2....

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Paul Berry is off-line
06 July 2012 06:40
PB001
Photographer
PB001
County Durham
Peterlee

If I am presuming rightly the tattoo is under that big yellow blotch on your chest. In which case it hasn't worked, well slightly incorrect it has worked as a cover up but it's failed miserably in the respect of hiding it. Anyone but and blind man on a fast horse can see that you have a big yellow patch of make-up where there should be beautiful skin. It looks both odd, unflattering and to me the shot would be completely unusable.

I'm not necessarilly against models with tattoos, but for any commercial purpose outside advertising tattoos or tattooists.  Any cover up MUST be exactly that, seemless and invisable, or the completely the opposite, like for instance, clothes??
I’m a Pro commercial portrait photographer from the East Coast of Durham; I'm seriously crazy about photography, have been for a thousand years! I joined here to experience the dark side *smile*

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jeff156156156
Cheshunt83 clarmike duncanjames JohnDentonPhoto rscott360 tms