Reminder Secure

Is it normal

This thread is being watched by 1 person
03 July 2012 07:30
JennyPins
Model

I'd just like to ask a question about whether it's normal to allow a photographer or videographer to touch you while making a video? I was asked to make a video and when I asked what kind he said one where he would touch me. He said it's normal for this type of think but when I said no way he then said he can provide references from other models who he has done this to. I haven't been in England long but have modelled for some years and never been asked to do the type of thing he wanted.

Fizzy is off-line
03 July 2012 07:34
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

If you don't want him to touch you or you have even the slightest doubts about him touching you, then no. Not normal. Not at all. If he sent you the message via Purestorm, report it to the moderators and they will deal with it.

Depending on where he asked to touch you (although I would say anywhere is inappropriate), it's a style called "gonzo", which is not allowed on this site.
Art nude model - £35ph

Chrissie Red is off-line
03 July 2012 07:34
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

What type of video is it?
I'm not sure on adult things but I wouldn't let the photographer touch me.

Derek is off-line
03 July 2012 07:38
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
Kent
Faversham

Anything that you are not comfortable with is not acceptable. It matters not one bit that he may have 'touched' models in previous videos, if you are not happy for him to do it with you, then it's a big no.

Some photographers have a reputation for pushing models level which, in my humble opinion, is completely unprofessional and unacceptable, but it happens. If you are getting bad vibes then I would suggest you stay clear.

Fizzy is off-line
03 July 2012 07:39
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Quote from Chrissie_Red
What type of video is it? I'm not sure on adult things but I wouldn't let the photographer touch me.

I wouldn't think it's normal for adult work either. Open leg seems pretty straightforward, no assistance needed and the OP's highest level is nude anyway.

Art nude model - £35ph

Paul Ottey is off-lineSilver Member
03 July 2012 07:39
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Staffordshire

Nope it is not normal. Shooting on video is no excuse and using references from other girls shouldn't sway your own decision.
Video Shizzle https://vimeo.com/user2367653/videos

Chrissie Red is off-line
03 July 2012 07:40
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from fizzy
I wouldn't think it's normal for adult work either. Open leg seems pretty straightforward, no assistance needed and the OP's highest level is nude anyway.

Seen plenty of images which suggest otherwise from photographers who source their models via purestorm, but then I presume the shoot details were completed via e-mail.

Fizzy is off-line
03 July 2012 07:43
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Seen plenty of images which suggest otherwise from photographers who source their models via purestorm, but then I presume the shoot details were completed via e-mail.

Urgh.

Art nude model - £35ph

Paul Hodson is off-line
03 July 2012 07:43
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

The answer to any thread headed "Is it normal" - is always "No"!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Chrissie Red is off-line
03 July 2012 07:44
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from fizzy
Urgh.

Some really "classy" images... from no doubt upstanding gentlemen.

Which reminds me I really need to get myself a shutter release cable  

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kimmikitsch wildchief
alanbassettphotography antoinewynn bbphotos bob Brownnwhite ChrisNewton couchestudio djb1 dorrian freddie James7799 keltica lify normant parafotos pcmphotography psn redbaron riddell stevegosh tms xposed