LucindaRosa is off-line
01 July 2012 11:38
Cindybuzz
Model
Cindybuzz
Gloucestershire
Cheltenham

Quote from mattharper
Back to titties then, not those dispensing goat's cheese, surely the price should vary according to cup size

This makes no sense That would make me potentially more expensive than someone who has a lot of skill but a smaller chest?

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
01 July 2012 14:31
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from OldMaster
.I expect you can charge more in the SE & SW than in other parts of the country, excluding Hertfordshire of course because it is mostly inhabited by philistines who just aren't interested in wedding, portrait, family or pet photography!!

Herts has just gone up in my estimatation because of that
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

EdT is off-line
02 July 2012 02:55
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from Cindybuzz

This makes no sense That would make me potentially more expensive than someone who has a lot of skill but a smaller chest?

Since when has life made sense?

Rachie Buckley is off-line
04 July 2012 17:51
Rachiebuckley
Model

East Sussex
Brighton

Yeah i've noticed this seems a little amount in US I got paid $150 per hour for clothed and bikini/lingerie no full topless or nude atall!

04 July 2012 18:12
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from Rachiebuckley
Yeah i've noticed this seems a little amount in US I got paid $150 per hour for clothed and bikini/lingerie no full topless or nude atall!

Modelling rates in many parts of the US are much higher than those in the UK.

However US labour markets benefit from restrictions on who can work there legally. It's not uncommon for US models to report overseas models working there resulting in future entry to the US being refused, regardless of the purpose of the visit.

Fizzy is off-line
04 July 2012 19:32
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Quote from mgphotomedia
Modelling rates in many parts of the US are much higher than those in the UK.

However US labour markets benefit from restrictions on who can work there legally. It's not uncommon for US models to report overseas models working there resulting in future entry to the US being refused, regardless of the purpose of the visit.

That's interesting. For some reason it never even crossed my mind that you might need to get a work visa or something before going to model in the US. It's a good job I don't travel overseas!
Art nude model - £35ph

andyh is off-line
04 July 2012 20:35
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Lancashire
Lancaster

Quote from fizzy
That's interesting. For some reason it never even crossed my mind that you might need to get a work visa or something before going to model in the US. It's a good job I don't travel overseas!

The reverse is true as well, I heard of a couple of cases where models were refused entry to the UK from abroad, one high profile one from the US last year heading to a model day/workshop
www.andyh.info/blog.php

07 July 2012 06:49
johnlp
Photographer

"The usual fees I offer:
Lingerie ..................................................... £45 for a 3 hour shoot .. £75 for a 6 hour shoot
Lingerie and topless .................................... £65 for 3 hours ......... £110 for 6 hours
Lingerie, topless and art or glamour nude ..... £90 for 3 hours .......... £150 for 6 hours
Adult style shoots to be negotiated, dependent on levels."

I have a maximum budget that I will work to in any given month.

It means that if I can get models for the rates above then I can work with more models.  If I reply to a casting or contact a model directly to ask her to work with me it is quite possible that I will pay a higher rate.  But that also means fewer models will get a portion of that budget.

We are all trying to save money where we can. I've cut down on my costs by not hiring out studios, hotel rooms or agreeing to large travel expenses.

All of this means that some models, presumably including the OP, will not want to work with me.  At the moment that is fine, I have sufficient numbers of models who are willing to work with me at the rates quoted above.  If the market alters I will have to alter my strategy.

" Hibby " is off-line
07 July 2012 07:33
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Highland
Inverness

Quote from johnlp

All of this means that some models, presumably including the OP, will not want to work with me.  At the moment that is fine, I have sufficient numbers of models who are willing to work with me at the rates quoted above.  If the market alters I will have to alter my strategy.

Bear in mind that some models are "economical with the truth" as regards rates they achieve.

"A technically perfect photograph can be the worlds most boring picture" Andreas Feininger

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa ElleLaura fernandarevelo glamourdolly Kacie
AClarkePhoto aprilscherz3 Arterotica chicimages Elegant_element hjphoto KosupureUK mamamiya mlp modelboutique oro psn Thunder_Photos trouble72
Matt