Reminder Secure

Casting call avatars: You really should use these

22 June 2012 14:06
bravepioneer
Photographer

As someone who's job it is to book models for paid shoots, when I'm looking at the Casting Call section, I find I'm naturally more drawn to those castings that have a forum profile avatar next to them, rather than just the default:

A good one really does catch the eye.

It's so easy to do.

Login and go here: http://www.purestorm.com/forum/editprofile.aspx  and add a nice photo of yourself. You'll probably get more interest.

I would change it regularly too. Every couple of months, to appeal to a wider audience over time.

Just a thought.

TarMoo is off-line
22 June 2012 14:17
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

The other thing is that some models mistakenly believe that they will get more views if they omit to put a region in the casting. In fact they will fail to get any views in the casting list for any photographer looking for castings in their area. I have a default search for the South East, London and East Anglia, but I won't see Castings from any model from those areas if they leave the region not specified in the casting.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

22 June 2012 15:17
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

I do both cheeky

Hannah Jones is off-line
22 June 2012 15:21
LilyWhite
Model
LilyWhite
Somerset
Yeovil

This is all well and good, and to be honest I agree.

However I don't have a laptop and have to do everything on my iPhone which doesn't allow you to add one.

24 June 2012 13:05
bravepioneer
Photographer

Quote from LilyWhite
This is all well and good, and to be honest I agree. However I don't have a laptop and have to do everything on my iPhone which doesn't allow you to add one.

That's just an excuse. If you are serious about your work, borrow a friends laptop/internet connection every couple of months for 5 minutes or visit an internet cafe. It will help you get more work. No doubt.

Paul Hodson is off-line
24 June 2012 13:31
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I have to say that in view of the limited numbers of casting calls (if you check regularly) it makes little difference to me! I check them all anyway.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Hannah Jones is off-line
24 June 2012 14:21
LilyWhite
Model
LilyWhite
Somerset
Yeovil

Quote from bravepioneer
That's just an excuse. If you are serious about your work, borrow a friends laptop/internet connection every couple of months for 5 minutes or visit an internet cafe. It will help you get more work. No doubt.

Well I have all the important stuff covered, but until I need to put a casting call up, it wasn't a priority. The priority was getting my images uploaded.
I have since added an avatar. I have already said, I agree with the OP's point, but it's not always a quick fix.

Hazel Ashton is off-line
24 June 2012 15:42
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

So true I rarely look at portfolios if they have no avatar
Hazel - Contact me for any photoshoots you want to do if your interested

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura
sniffer