Reminder Secure

Would you consider this, models?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
20 June 2012 13:32
kjoleweb
Photographer

I am just looking into this for now, to check if it would interest some of the models.

Is travelling to Norway for shooting of interest?

My idea is something like this:
- I'll pay your airfare here and back, and pick you up at the airport.
- You will be welcome to stay here for a week or something.
- I'd like to have a couple of days to shoot with you.
- We could market your presence here to other (semi-)local togs and split the earnings for modelling and studio rent.

I have heard of deals like this earlier, but it does not seem common. Any thoughts, comments or feedback would be great.

Thank you,
John

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
20 June 2012 13:38
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Why would the earnings from a model's fees earned from other shoots be split with you?

20 June 2012 13:50
kjoleweb
Photographer

Quote from JenSomerfield
Why would the earnings from a model's fees earned from other shoots be split with you?

If you were to use the studio.

I was thinking about like selling studio-slots with the model to other interested togs. And the way it's split would ofcourse be up for discussion. Anywho, I was thinking about getting atleast the airfare back.

20 June 2012 14:18
Tansy_Blue
Model

Yes, I like arrangements where the photographer pays my expenses, shoots with me for 2/3 days, and then I have a few free days to explore an interesting new country.

Not sure about this earning-splitting thing though. I'd rather you just hired your studio out at a standard rate and I kept all my modelling fee. Unless it was a studio day type thing I guess?
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
20 June 2012 14:44
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

If it was a normal studio day arrangement, then that sounds fine. I don't think 'splitting the model fee' was the right phrase though, makes it sound like you're charging commission.

One or two days shooting, in return for a weeks' accommodation and flights, sounds like a fair deal to me. It would depend on if there's much demand for models in Norway though.

20 June 2012 14:53
kjoleweb
Photographer

It would be like a studio day, or week if you want. Keep in mind that the model rates here are probably higher than in the UK. So I think it would be good business for the model anyway.

Say you do five 1 hour shoots in a day, and if the tog's were interested in paying NOK 800 for each timeslot. I would charge 300 for studio rent and for airfare, and the model would get 500 which is some 53 pounds. That would be 265 pounds in a 5 hour day.

To make this work I really would need a cut of the earnings to cover my expenses.

J.

20 June 2012 15:23
kjoleweb
Photographer

I actually never said splitting the model fee. I said splitting the earnings.

Jesfish is off-line
20 June 2012 15:24
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Yes, if the work was definitely booked in advance.  I would want to know exactly what I was earning before leaving for the trip.  Would you be paying for the 2 days you photograph the model?..or is that TF?

20 June 2012 16:55
kjoleweb
Photographer

I was thinking housing, food and transport would get me a few hours shooting...

gerda.m.model is off-lineSilver Member
20 June 2012 17:26
gerda_babbii
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
gerda_babbii
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from kjoleweb
I was thinking housing, food and transport would get me a few hours shooting...

think thats fair... at the worst case senario the model gets a free holiday and if it goes well, some shopping money as well.

I would come if you paid for my fella lol ps im not being cheeky and asking just saying
www.gerdamodelling.weebly.com

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Candykisses DanielleWx Lucina Scarlett_rose14 Stephieb27 toxicinnocence
63jian david1500 funky HarishPadalia kimsandman2 Kjoservices Ladiesman michaelangelo mlp panda49 psn Quad1 Studio1 thelook
harbourstudio