Reminder Secure

Strobist? Birmingham? Black Country? Severn Valley?

This thread is being watched by 6 people
Malcolm Alexander is off-line
17 November 2012 13:58
Alexam2010
Photographer
Alexam2010
West Midlands
Birmingham

I have now received a message from Eddie to clarify the position. He did indeed try to get others involved, which was before I joined. Unfortunately there was little interest, which forced the closure.

A few days ago I sent off to the The Midlands Strobists to apply for membership to the administrators, but so far no reply from anyone, even though there are several administrators listed, but keeping my fingers crossed.

I have been concentrating on arranging studio shoots for the last couple of years and want to get more involved with strobist work, shooting elsewhere. If the Midlands group are 'active', I hope this will come about and I can combine the studio work with more elsewhere. At present I am arranging studio shoots in DEcember-February-April and August with various themes.

Anyone in the Midlands Strobists that can spare the time, I would love to have a chat about activity and future plans and can be reached on [removed]

Cheers for now

Malcolm

17 November 2012 17:24
Kalygulina
Model
This member has been reset to pending

i wish i had followed this forum post as if i had found it sooner, i would have put my name down to help out. If its anything like the socials I organised, the numbers do dwindle. I do hope in the new year it gets back into gear.

Malcolm Alexander is off-line
17 November 2012 18:10
Alexam2010
Photographer
Alexam2010
West Midlands
Birmingham

To late for the Central Strobist group now, but perhaps the Midlands Stobists may need helping hands from time to time, although there seems to be several "administrators" already. Who's who, I am yet to find out, but look forward to hearing something soon.

I believe that any group activity does need the help of a small inner group/committee, or whatever, that can pull together to organise shoots, because not everyone wants to be a leader. The majority want to be involved in the activity that is organised for them, but don't have enough spare time to devote to organising.

Malcolm

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs Little_lizard Lucy92 OlgaCabaeva Sarahjaynex
andicallen Andy_B antoinewynn Dod1904 For_Arts_Sake FreelanceBadger grisey jonathantennant Ladiesman laurencejpower mish65 Photojames43 Reynard ron Shawry stevie_de westend_portfolios