Reminder Secure

Strobist? Birmingham? Black Country? Severn Valley?

This thread is being watched by 6 people
Fast Eddie is off-lineSilver Member
12 June 2012 08:50
FastEddie
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
FastEddie
West Midlands
Birmingham

I'm very keen to experiment with Strobist style lighting specifically for model photography but I can't find a suitable Strobist group in my area.  There are a couple of  Strobist groups locally but they don't seem very active and to be blunt their meets appear to be rather dull and unattractive.  They're also not specifically aimed at model photography. I think I've tracked all the other local groups so please don't use this thread to recommend any of them.  The idea is to start a new group.

So I'm keen to meet up with a few other keen Strobists and budding Strobists to mutually share ideas and discuss the possibility of getting some meets together.

Reply here if you're keen to establish a group.

Models are very welcome to show interest as we'll definitely need your skills to make this work.

Woolfe is off-line
12 June 2012 08:57
MartW
Photographer
MartW
Shropshire
Oswestry

I am near to Shrewsbury so Birmingham is easy by train for me. I would be very interested in getting involved with this proposed group

Martin

Keigo Kato is off-line
12 June 2012 09:12
keigo
Photographer
keigo
Birmingham

I've long been a Strobist, and like you, haven't really found many like minded group. I'm happy to meet and share ideas. If we need a place to meet up, I'm happy to offer my studio in Saltley; the area is full of potential urban industrial locations, and very close from town.

Fleur du Mal is off-lineSilver Member
12 June 2012 12:26
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

I often work in Birmngham - I'm based in the East Midlands but it's pretty easy for me to get over to Brum and the surrounding areas.  I'd be interested in modelling for this
Mr P to Fleur: "Oh, are you the cleavage lady?" www.badflower.co.uk

Russell Smith is off-line
13 June 2012 05:32
attitude
Photographer
attitude
Birmingham
Walsall

I am Birmingham and this is an area of work I am very interested in learning and developing. I have a number of suitable locations available in the Walsall, Wolverhampton area as well which may help.

Look forward to hearing more, but would really like to be involved.

Russell

Mantisphoto is off-lineSilver Member
13 June 2012 05:46
mantisphoto
Photographer
mantisphoto
Birmingham

Definitely interested in this Eddie... Live and work in the Birmingham area so very easy for me to get to!

Kevin_R is off-line
14 June 2012 10:38
Kevin_R
Photographer

West Midlands

Eddie

I'd definitely be interested - need to put some of my recent tuition in to practice!

Kevin

Neal Shaw is off-line
14 June 2012 10:59
Shawry
Photographer
Shawry
West Midlands
Telford

If diary allowed would also be interested too

Fast Eddie is off-lineSilver Member
15 June 2012 05:52
FastEddie
Photographer
FastEddie
West Midlands
Birmingham

Briefly my idea for the group is for it to be pro active with all members taking an active part.  Experienced and beginner strobists are very welcome and the essence is to learn, share and help each other

I've posted about this group on 3 different sites and the response has been very good so I feel it's time to get a meet together and discuss how the group will function. I'll post details once I've selected a venue.

The first meet will allow us to get to know each other and plan our first group shoot and lay down a few basic ground rules, and to share ideas and information. I also plan to set up a flickr group for discussions and to show off our images.

More information soon.

mick  is off-line
15 June 2012 07:49
mr_mick
Photographer

West Midlands
west bromwich

Im very interested

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale ElleLaura JodieEllen
63jian ansonphotography bbphotos dave2008 dg_Images funky GlasgowPhotographer Jonnyrigs Kjoservices MIB Millzy82 peterh photomart Pictureimage Pjsphotos scott24 shinywear skymouse Steveh32 swalsh58 TonyNutley Xda2