Reminder Secure

Chaperones ( Yes, it's that time again!)

This thread is being watched by 1 person
This thread is currently locked
08 June 2012 11:07
Dani-Elle
Model

Quote from JodieEllen
Personally I think if u haven't worked with someone before

But you will experience working with new people in any line of work.

When I started out I had one shoot where the photographer requested that I brought a chaperone, so I took my other half along. He was bored to death throughout, obviously when your the model or photographer a few hours seems to fly by but imagine being sat there twiddling your thumbs for that length of time.
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

Mike Riot is off-line
08 June 2012 11:16
MikeRiot
Photographer
MikeRiot
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Quote from Dani-Elle

But you will experience working with new people in any line of work.

Do you not take a Chaperone with you when you start a new day job ..... thats where I have been going wrong *sends mum home*
"Mike - The riot even the Kaiser Chiefs didnt predict" - clearview_photography

Lloyd Wright is off-line
08 June 2012 14:37
wolfie
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Quote from JodieEllen
Chaperones...... What's everyone's opinion on them?

Personally I think if u haven't worked with someone before there is no problem with them?

I can understand no "boys" but general chaperones??

Moderator Comment : Plenty of opinions here:-

~§~ Chaperones / Macaroons ~§~

all the psycho's i've happened to know have all been female [ and i've lived with most of 'em]so i think the blokes are the ones that need protection!!!!

Marco Palmese is off-line
09 June 2012 13:43
Riverside_Studio
Studio
Riverside_Studio
Kent
Maidstone

Quote from tarmoo
When you book a model for a shoot up to nude and she says that she wants to bring along her stunningly attractive girlfriend for some hot girl on girl action shots then maybe most photographers would not object. Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be very common. I don't usually like to work with models who feel the need for chaperones, but I could be pursuaded.

Well Mr Tarmoo ,

As it happends, JodieEllen came for a shoot today and brought KirstyPoisonArt with her, well we did some great girl/girl Art Nude,Fetish and location shoot

Thank You Girls

Jodie Ellen is off-lineSilver Member
09 June 2012 15:27
JodieEllen
Model
JodieEllen
Kent

Quote from Riverside_Studio

Well Mr Tarmoo ,

As it happends, JodieEllen came for a shoot today and brought KirstyPoisonArt with her, well we did some great girl/girl Art Nude,Fetish and location shoot

Thank You Girls

This has made my day!!!

best shoot ive ever had ;P

always a good reason to have a sexy friend to bring along :P

Hobbeldehoy is off-line
09 June 2012 15:55
Hobbeldehoy
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Hobbeldehoy
Dumfries and Galloway
Dumfries

In principle it seems ok but it doesn't work for a variety of reason. The main problem is that the behaviour of the chaperone is often suspect, especially if it's the boyfriend or mother. These behaviours can range between moaning, snide remarks, direct interference in the shoot and sometimes thievery.

23 June 2012 17:37
Modernman
Photographer
This member has been suspended

I had chaperones once,but i dipped them in Dettol and they went away.

Russ Goodban is off-line
26 June 2012 09:22
russtyruss
Photographer

Kent
Broadstairs

i know this has been done to death but i'd like to chime in. i'm completely cool with a model bringing someone along with them as long as they dont get involved, like start giving direction or what not.
to be honest, i prefer it if i havent worked with the girl before, if it will make her more comfortable, cool by me. i'm a 17st 6'2" bouncer with tattoos and a south london accent. i can come across as intimidating. whatever i can do to make a model feel comfortable, i'll do.

i've been reading the other posts on this subject and to be honest, i can't understand why so many photographers are avidly against it.

one of the arguments that came up quite a lot was that the 'tog didn't need any distractions. well, on a 'pro' shoot(I mean, pro as in proper editorial etc) there are always at least five or six people there, and i mean right there. in the room/on set next to you. fussing about. mua's, hair, stylists, assistants... the photographers deal with it because they are pro. i'm not saying people aren't professional because they dont shoot for vogue or whatever but.....

another argument that popped up quite a lot was that 'pro' models never take a chaperone so why should normal models. well, again, for the reason i just mentioned, they don't need to bring one because there's normally a room full of people.
the idea for a chaperone is so the model can feel safe with, for the most part, a guy she's never met before. what's wrong with that? there's only so much checking up you can do. would you want your daughter/girlfriend etc going off alone with a stranger she's never met before to let them take, potentially, intimate pictures of them? probably not.

i'm not saying the togs who don't want chaperones are pervs, i'm not. just... and this is just my opinion and not meant to degrade anyone but... why do some photographers 'need' to work one on one with a model? i honestly don't get it and i find it a little odd. sorry if that offends anyone.
thanks,
russ.

Ps. i don't really use this site much, most of my work comes through word of mouth so I haven't updated my port since i first started shooting.
want to see my pics, look at my flickr/fb/website.
flickr.com/russtyruss
[Link removed in accordance with 6.1.4 of the Terms of Use]
www.good-photography.co.uk

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
26 June 2012 09:33
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote from russtyruss
i'm not saying the togs who don't want chaperones are pervs, i'm not. just... and this is just my opinion and not meant to degrade anyone but...

Isn't that what the models who insist on a chaperone say?

Russ Goodban is off-line
26 June 2012 10:26
russtyruss
Photographer

Kent
Broadstairs

Quote from Kiboko
Isn't that what the models who insist on a chaperone say?

your point is??

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
apriluk chosin JoannaJoy RedXXX
63jian antoinewynn asnphotography azurphotos Blancho ChrisNewton diphoto djb1 firsttake Ladiesman michaelangelo mike0048 philippahh PhilStorm redbaron rod_m99 rscott360 Scottda Skystudio