Reminder Secure

images on grey screen instead of white

23 May 2012 06:22
TMG
Photographer

I know it's been mentioned before, but just raising it again. Apart from images looking better on grey, it's a pain when going from photoshop which shows against grey, to PS which shows against white - colours look different and it's difficult to know whether that's a loss of contrast (or something)  during the upload process, or the background.
Maybe have it as an option, or an option for upgrade if it costs more to have. 

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
23 May 2012 06:38
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Agreed,,,,,
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

Geoff Hiles is off-linePlatinum Member
23 May 2012 08:44
Studio1
Photographer
Studio1
Lincolnshire
Scunthorpe

For images I intend to keep on my Profile page I always put the image in a frame, this gets rid of the white background problem and I also think it looks as if they are wall mounted which is an improvement in my opinion.

Everybody has their own opinions and there is no right or wrong at the end of the day it is how we see things as a photographer, just my two penneth.  

Regards. Geoff. (Studio1)

23 May 2012 09:33
pippins
Photographer

Quote from TMG
I know it's been mentioned before, but just raising it again. Apart from images looking better on grey, it's a pain when going from photoshop which shows against grey, to PS which shows against white - colours look different and it's difficult to know whether that's a loss of contrast (or something)  during the upload process, or the background.
Maybe have it as an option, or an option for upgrade if it costs more to have. 

When an image is loaded in PS.CS5 right click on the background & you can change it to any colour. This is standard non a plug in or update.

23 May 2012 09:52
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Quote from pippins
When an image is loaded in PS.CS5 right click on the background & you can change it to any colour. This is standard non a plug in or update.

He means PS=Purestorm not Photoshop.  The background on this website is White which can overpower subtle contrasts.

Si

ie...  

In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

23 May 2012 09:57
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

ot a grey background..

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
flashharry Phiesta1 Steveh32 Thunder_Photos