Reminder Secure

Very interesting blog post on disgusting comments some models get

This thread is being watched by 2 people
16 May 2012 16:26
laylarc
Model

Quote from jennyfozard
oh yes, I get these comments constantly. Not so much comments on images, the keyboard warriors rarely have the balls, but on the odd occasion I do I am many things A Slag, Whore, Slut, Slag-despite being with my Fiance for nearly four years I have no self respect-this usually from the ladies who go out getting drunk, rolling around the floor, shouting like fish wives and wear very little....this is something I do not do too skinny/anorexic to the other end of the spectrum I am also supposedly too fat-oh well my BMI is 22 so that will do me I could go on and on but all these "trolls" say these vile things to people to sooth their own insecurities. for example last week I had a girl that bullied me at school randomly contact me calling me a slag, slut, get some self respect, the usual crap....on the same day she contacted me she moaned in a Facebook status about wanting to loose two stone by mid june....need I say more? These comments no longer effect me, at the end of the day I am doing very well, paying my bills and moving in to a new home next month with a acre of land because I have worked hard for what I have and I love what I do

This is exactly what I was talking about in the blog post.  It doesn't matter who you are, what kind of modelling you do, or what you look like.  You will get nasty comments from time to time, and although they might hurt your feelings a bit, they mean absolutely nothing.  Good on you for taking no notice.  

cheeky

I'm writing about stuff that models talk about when they're just being themselves.  This is how the deviantART rant came about.  It's had a ridiculous amount of hits, and I've been called all sorts of things (pathetic, pervert, sad, obsessed with naked people etc) in the comments below the blog and privately.  Mostly from people that don't realise it's a mickey-take.  Which is absolutely hilarious and doesn't bother me in the slightest.  

Thanks for reading!

16 May 2012 16:50
Tansy_Blue
Model

I think the only comments I've ever got that have actually upset me were from some bloke who found my personal Facebook and emailed me a whole bunch of really abusive stuff - slut/whore so on and so forth. I blocked him, end of problem.

Quote from DialADaisy
I can confirm that Tansy's spank bank alias is now stalking me on DA.

I'm going to get off on your post-processing and you can't stop me.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

16 May 2012 16:52
DeeElegia
Model

Quote from Tansy_Blue

I'm going to get off on your post-processing and you can't stop me.

Show my models respect or else!
It'll be you soon.
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

17 May 2012 07:17
laylarc
Model

Here's part two of the post, featuring alt model AndromedaX and glamour model Lauren Langley.  They're talking about getting comments accusing them of being men  

Can you please bear in mind that this is a blog for models, by a model, about models.  A filthy-mouthed one with a sense of humour, that writes comedy as well serious stuff.  So moaning that I should be less irreverent, or have a neutral, completely balanced view of the whole deadly serious world of taking pictures of tits, is a bit like moaning at the dog because it hasn't done the washing-up.

I love it that some photographers are enjoying this blog too.  But if you take yourself extremely seriously, or if you've got a more sedate sense of humour or you're too thick to understand sarcasm, or you can't handle sub-text, or you take everything literally, then you are going to dislike this blog, and it is going to make you cross.  So please bear that in mind before you click. Sense of humour alert.  Sarcasm alert.  Blatant laylarc is a naughty person -take alert.  And most importantly and controversially, pockets of brutal honesty alert.

I/AM Blog

Morgan Lee is off-line
17 May 2012 07:44
Morgan_L
Photographer
Morgan_L
Hampshire
Havant

Quote from laylarc
This is exactly what I was talking about in the blog post.  It doesn't matter who you are, what kind of modelling you do, or what you look like.  You will get nasty comments from time to time, and although they might hurt your feelings a bit, they mean absolutely nothing.  Good on you for taking no notice.  

cheeky

I'm writing about stuff that models talk about when they're just being themselves.  This is how the deviantART rant came about.  It's had a ridiculous amount of hits, and I've been called all sorts of things (pathetic, pervert, sad, obsessed with naked people etc) in the comments below the blog and privately.  Mostly from people that don't realise it's a mickey-take.  Which is absolutely hilarious and doesn't bother me in the slightest.  

Thanks for reading!

This is very true for all walks of life, there are always nasty people out there who make remarks especally since the interenet holds such a nice comfy cushion to protect the people that make the remarks, everyone should get together in a gaint playground that'll seperate the ones who have the nerve(balls) to make the remakrs to your face.

Partially sighted, coloured blind, Light sensitive & short sighted Photographer, Howdy :).

Holmax is off-line
17 May 2012 14:44
Holmax
Photographer
Holmax
East Yorkshire
Hull

I've led such a sheltered life.
I've never been to Alton Towers, never been on the deviant art website and until a few months ago thought Gonzo was a character from the muppets.

I don't know which one of the above I'm more embarrassed about
www.holmax.com

Mike Riot is off-line
18 May 2012 06:38
MikeRiot
Photographer
MikeRiot
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Another great post.
2 gorgeous models, I have never seen Lauren before (or maybe I have... I dunno) but I have seen AndromedaX a lot... how anyone can say they look like men I have no idea.

People really are stupid, I'm just glad our little PS world* has very few genuinely stupid people like those ones who pass around those types of comments.

*and by PS world, I mean the forum. I am sure there are lots of idiots everywhere!
"Mike - The riot even the Kaiser Chiefs didnt predict" - clearview_photography

18 May 2012 13:50
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

I haven't been modelling very long, and I'm not in it for fame or money or anything at all noble, just for fun really, but I have still managed to attract people who just want to tell me I'm a short, skinny, speccy minger with no boobs and a figure like a boy-child. Luckily, these are all things I have to terms with over my many years and am relatively at peace with. I wouldn't like to have come into this game at 18 (or younger) all fresh faced and vulnerable. I have massive respect to those models who do make a living from it.

Am loving the blog Layla, please keep going!

Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Faye Hann
Platidonio talldave68 Thunder_Photos