This thread is being watched by 2 people
Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
15 May 2012 12:19
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

A great entertaining read! Yes there are some nutters on deviantArt. Seems to be more gross comments on there than anywhere else. I wonder why some people think it's acceptable?

http://indiealtmodels.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/your-nipples-look-weird-you-anorexic-slut-part-one-chrissie-red/

Hmm can't get the link to be clickable....

Spike is off-line
15 May 2012 12:27
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Ther are someinteresting inhabitants in cyberspace

Clickable link http://indiealtmodels.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/your-nipples-look-weird-you-anorexic-slut-part-one-chrissie-red/
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
15 May 2012 12:29
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

It's weird how on deviantART you can write whatever the hell you like, but on modelling sites the comments are always positive. I wonder why that is?

15 May 2012 12:32
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from JenSomerfield
It's weird how on deviantART you can write whatever the hell you like, but on modelling sites the comments are always positive. I wonder why that is?

Because people on DA are honest?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Chrissie Red is off-line
15 May 2012 12:33
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I remember an old member from here used to engage in "sexual banter" with the dirty blights who used to leave rude comments on his close up pictures of genitalia.
I thought to myself "how would I feel if it were my vagina in that picture" and read the comments with a little bit of sick in my mouth. I imagine he never talked like that on here because he knew that it would put models off from working with him. I do wonder if any of the models he photographed were even aware of the way he spoken about them on his deviant art account.

15 May 2012 12:41
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I think part of the problem is that DA started, way back 12 years ago as a place for people to show alternative art and works without prejudice.

Thing is, with the interwwwebs growing so quickly, it's just turned into more a teenage 4Chan-alike full of hentai and same level comments. Most people I know have dumped it, rightly so, I think - sadly.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

15 May 2012 12:42
DeeElegia
Model

I tend to disable comments on my DA because I got sick of the disgusting remarks. What annoys me most is when you click the link back to someone who has commented, and they've been on DA for 5 years and have no images of their own uploaded or profile text etc. They're just blatant perverts saving images for their DeeElegia is a naughty person bank.
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

Chrissie Red is off-line
15 May 2012 12:43
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from Socialdisaster
I think part of the problem is that DA started, way back 12 years ago as a place for people to show alternative art and works without prejudice. Thing is, with the interwwwebs growing so quickly, it's just turned into more a teenage 4Chan-alike full of hentai and same level comments. Most people I know have dumped it, rightly so, I think - sadly.

I have to admit I've been posting much less on there this year than I did when I started out modelling....

Amber West is off-line
15 May 2012 13:07
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

I'm not on Deviant Art, but I do think a lot of the nasty stuff on the internet is the result of the internet troll phenomenon. It's been around for awhile (any excuse for people to say utter Amber6 is a naughty person knowing they can hide behind anonymity) however the wide use of social networks and online interaction has really fueled it.

I doubt most of the people think the random crap they spout. They just like the ability to be able to say the first thing that comes into their mind and/or added bonus of upsetting someone KNOWING there'll be no repercussions (plus the fact that they'll probably also accrue a few other dimwits who 'agree' with them, so they can feel 'part of something'.')

15 May 2012 13:11
Dekker
Photographer

(Slight tangent alert!) In my day job, we were doing some research about where to actually put "comments" and found that people have a psychological effect about their comments being "underneath" the content rather than next to it. In some circles, trolling behaviour has been reduced by moving comments alongside the content.

Now...that still won't stop perverts or idiots, but found it interesting that design and aesthetics affect people's attitudes so the content.

Anyway...interesting blog post, hope it doesn't put you off Chrissie!

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
lilkim18x lynnesel Sammi_1985 toxicinnocence VictoriaClaire wildchief Winterlilly
Anderson78 BOZZ Brian2008 diphoto djb1 dorrian firsttake geoffmarchant jimbob Kjoservices KosupureUK MAMAMIYA markeos50d Oberonfoto philippahh pierre poah rscott360 skymouse stevegosh StuartCollinsPhoto Studio1
photo39