nude, implied nude, art nude

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Tom Ward is off-line
15 May 2012 00:42
tom1988
Model

Bedfordshire
Bedford

To gain experience and build a portfolio understandably you do x amount of TFP/CD. However i have been told never to do nude, implied nude or art nude without being paid. personally you won't get comfortable or be any good in these catagories if you haven't had practise from doing TFP/CD. What are peoples opinions?

Paul Hodson is off-line
15 May 2012 01:14
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

As with all questions of TF - it is up to you. There is no point though in turning down a TF shoot from someone whose work excites you if you feel it would add to your portfolio.

Bear in mind too that not all photographers will give you images from a paid shoot - so this will be of no help in building your portfolio!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

15 May 2012 01:39
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from tom1988
However i have been told never to do nude, implied nude or art nude without being paid.

Rubbish.

Do what you want, how you want.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Lifescapes is off-line
15 May 2012 01:47
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

TF is payment.  You get images instead of cash.  Choose wisely and the right images will enhance your portfolio and therefore your marketability so it can be a good investment.

As a male model you may well struggle to make your mark but it is possible, just take a look at Joel's portfolio if you want inspiration.
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
15 May 2012 02:20
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Quote from tom1988
To gain experience and build a portfolio understandably you do x amount of TFP/CD. However i have been told never to do nude, implied nude or art nude without being paid. personally you won't get comfortable or be any good in these catagories if you haven't had practise from doing TFP/CD. What are peoples opinions?

You're right.

Good people won't pay you to shoot with them unless you've got some evidence that you can do the job (unless you've got an exceptional look), but they might be persuaded to shoot TF with you.

Be very selective and try to line up a few shoots with people whose work you really like. Even consider paying one or two if it'll speed up the process. You need to build a portfolio and gain experience at the same time. Just harder because you're male.

It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

Katie Soze is off-line
15 May 2012 03:40
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

Then people will pay to look at your tits rather than pay to produce amazing work.

Some guys just want to get a naked girl on their sofa and arent that fussy what you look like naked. But if you want to work with serious photographers theyll want to check you haven't got weird looking boobs or something.

Good tf = better portfolio = better paid work. If people can see you look comfortable doing nudes they will be more likely to bool you also. If they don't have evidence of this they might assume you'd be nervous and self conscious shooting with them.

Check out some of the more successful art nude models on this site like Allegra or artemisd5. Maybe you could contact some of the photographers in their portfolio and ask them to shoot some nudes tf with you.

Katie Soze is off-line
15 May 2012 03:41
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

Ok I just realised you're a guy. Replace wierd looking boobs with saggy balls.

Hannah Ashlea is off-line
15 May 2012 03:46
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

Quote from katiesoze
Then people will pay to look at your tits rather than pay to produce amazing work. Some guys just want to get a naked girl on their sofa and arent that fussy what you look like naked. But if you want to work with serious photographers theyll want to check you haven't got weird looking boobs or something. Good tf = better portfolio = better paid work. If people can see you look comfortable doing nudes they will be more likely to bool you also. If they don't have evidence of this they might assume you'd be nervous and self conscious shooting with them. Check out some of the more successful art nude models on this site like Allegra or artemisd5. Maybe you could contact some of the photographers in their portfolio and ask them to shoot some nudes tf with you.

I'm pretty sure, based on first the username and second, the pictures, that tom1988 doesn't have weird boobs, nor is it likely that he'll be booked by guys who just want to see girls naked

On topic, I think it's a stupid thing to say "Don't do nude TF". If you want to get your bits out on camera, it shouldn't matter if you're paid in cash, pictures or you are paying the photographer. Your bits are on the internet - the people looking at them don't think more highly of you if they know you were paid, or vice versa
I built up my nude portfolio with as many decent photographers as I could. True, I was very, very selective in who I chose to work nude on a TF basis with, but I did it because I knew that without the images, no one's going to pay me

Good luck!
Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
15 May 2012 03:50
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

Quote from Lifescapes
TF is payment.  You get images instead of cash.  Choose wisely and the right images will enhance your portfolio and therefore your marketability so it can be a good investment.

As a male model you may well struggle to make your mark but it is possible, just take a look at Joel's portfolio if you want inspiration.

+1

15 May 2012 04:37
RobM
Photographer

I echo the suggestion that you look at Joel's portfolio and I am glad to say I have shot with a couple of times for his portfolio.

Personally, I wouldn't consider you for any paid work without seeing samples of that style / level. If you don't want to obtain those samples via TF shoots, then your option is to pay for the shoot yourself. Something to think about

Gain experience and possibly some great images or to pay out to a good photographer who can pretty much give you what you want
Remember: If you can't have fun doing it, then it ain't worth doing

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
poah talldave68 Willjamieson