Reminder Secure

Guilt!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
13 May 2012 03:46
HannahKay
Model

Well, I've just had to leave negative feedback for someone, and I feel really guilty about it, even though I am perfectly within my rights.

Does anyone else feel bad? It got me wondering whether there are people who just don't leave any feedback at all, rather than feeling the guilt of publicly declaring a bad one?

Stu Buckland is off-line
13 May 2012 03:51
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

No, not really. If you're within your rights, then that's what the feedback system is for. And don't worry about reprisals, as long as you kept communication via PS messages, then if there's any negative feedback in return, you can get the moderators to look into it.

13 May 2012 04:16
HannahKay
Model

Quote from thestarglider
as long as you kept communication via PS messages

Nope.. he asked to switch to facebook. I'm an idiot, aren't I?

Stu Buckland is off-line
13 May 2012 04:29
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

Quote from HannahKay

Just call it a life-lesson. I'm sure you'll be fine. I have no issues in putting negative feedback should it be required.

13 May 2012 04:34
HannahKay
Model

I hope so! I'm just worried that he'll post negative on mine and I'll have no proof otherwise.

Thank you for consoling me hehe

TarMoo is off-line
13 May 2012 04:43
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from HannahKay
I hope so! I'm just worried that he'll post negative on mine and I'll have no proof otherwise. Thank you for consoling me hehe

If he did that then it would point a rather large finger at himself acting unprofessionally - instant infamy.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
13 May 2012 04:46
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Dont feel guilty Hannah.
If no one left it then no one would be any the wiser. You owe it to other models to be honest.
If you do get negetive back then take a screen snap of your FB conversation.

BTW what was the nature of the feedback? Was it a no show? innapropriate comments? etc
I notice that you live local to me (I work in and around the Boro), so if you ever fancy a TF shoot of your choice then i will be more than happy. I will NEVER give you reason to leave negetive feedback.

13 May 2012 04:56
HannahKay
Model

Quote from tarmoo
If he did that then it would point a rather large finger at himself acting unprofessionally - instant infamy.

I suppose it would, wouldn't it.

Quote from Sarge
I notice that you live local to me (I work in and around the Boro), so if you ever fancy a TF shoot of your choice then i will be more than happy. I will NEVER give you reason to leave negetive feedback.

If you look at your past messages, you'll see that we've actually already arranged a shoot and I'm just waiting on you for dates and stuff now

Matt Harper is off-line
13 May 2012 05:01
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from HannahKay

Go into your FB messages and screen grab the lot.
If there is any comeback on you, you can show PS moderators and I think, as the conversation started here, they will take it into account 

TarMoo is off-line
13 May 2012 05:02
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Hannah

Since you are rather new I would give you the following advice:
  1. Keep all correspondence organising shoots to this site. If someone asked to go to MSN, Facebook etc to book a shoot then this should ring alarm bells.
  2. Check references - send PMs to models asking for a private reference for people you want to work with. Only work with photographers with lots of references. Once you have more experience, you will have a much better gut feeling of who to work with and who to avoid.
  3. Think about geting a Silver membership here. It will allow you to create casting calls for paid work, have a bigger selection of images on your portfolio and allow you to contact more photographers for shoots and models to check references. You will then be able to be more selective in who you work with.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs isobel111 zavego
ad360photo ansonphotography belmez2000 Blancho cygnet dorrian Essexjohn eyecandiphotography Gentleguy gwentman I_takeloads Jobe JohnDentonPhoto jonnywoo M1chae15 mlp nickdandalos p4pFetography parafotos Pictureimage rikspiks stephenmuddell stevegosh Studio1 thelook tms