is off-line
09 May 2012 10:21
lisamarie91
Model
lisamarie91
Hertfordshire
Welwyn

i had an agencey wanting to sign me but for a fee of £80,
now ive been told not to go to anyone who will take money from you...but if it going to get me more work
i think its a smal price to pay?on the other hand they could take me £80 and get me no work what so ever!
would bebhappy to here your opinions and advice!

09 May 2012 10:26
studio197
Studio

You said it. If they want your money to sign you up, avoid.
Studio 197 www.studio197.co.uk | www.facebook.com/studio197

Peter is off-line
09 May 2012 10:33
peterbuchanphoto
Photographer
peterbuchanphoto
West Yorkshire
Leeds

The rule I see often on this forum is if they want a single penny off you then avoid them. If thy are confident they can get you work, the standard practice is to take any fees from your first few paying jobs

plus have you tried googling this agency to see if they are legit? It might also help if you posted which agency it is so models can tell you of any experiences they have had with them

RubyRosetta is off-line
09 May 2012 14:15
RubyRosetta
Model
RubyRosetta
Derbyshire

Check this list of agencies out and read the advice given

http://modelbitch.blogspot.co.uk/p/bitchs-list-of-reputable-agencies.html

Jo-Louise is off-line
10 May 2012 07:53
Jo_Louise
Model
Jo_Louise
Dorset
Bournemouth

Avoid. No Agencies should charge you to be on their books. If they think your marketable for them, wether its a Glamour, Fashion, Commercial or Promotional Agency then they won't charge you, it's their job to find you work and make money off you from the commissions they get from you for jobs they find you.
''Never let your failures get to your heart, & never let your success get to your head''

Arielle Moon is off-line
10 May 2012 07:58
CassandraFreeman
Model
CassandraFreeman
West Sussex
Horsham

They are not actually aloud to charge models for sign up any more so if they are asking for it then they are not reputable.
My new website ^.^ : http://raspberryjammodel.com/

Amy Rose is off-lineSilver Member
10 May 2012 12:45
AmyC_01
Model
AmyC_01
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Read this:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Understandingyourworkstatus/Agencyworkersandemploymentagencies/DG_173262

Sorry no good at making links click-a-able lol.

They should take the fee off your first modelling job.

10 May 2012 15:27
onebadpuppy
Photographer

You would do better if you tracked down a photographer who's work you like and isn't based somewhere out in the back of beyond and thrash out a deal where you get to work with him on one of his projects and come away with a couple of top notch edited images for your port. Even if you have pay for the images, it would be better value for money than just handing over your dosh to who ever these people are.

is off-line
21 May 2012 06:33
lisamarie91
Model
lisamarie91
Hertfordshire
Welwyn

ahh thanhk yopu so much everyone for you repley! very helpful

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kaylie mandymack
duncanjames ellessephotography joolsy nemesis si_mo southernsnapper Stoker whitepython