Reminder Secure

Office Safe?

Tim Pile is off-line
07 May 2012 11:44
timbham
Photographer
timbham
Birmingham

Is my new main profile image 'Office Safe'?

I put NO when I uploaded the image as she is nude below the waist, although you cannot see that she is.

I'm never quite sure so usually err on the side of caution, for example with my recently uploaded image of Raphaella. 

Stu Buckland is off-line
07 May 2012 11:45
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

I would say yes, simply because from your main picture, you can't see anything even remotely naughty.

Paul Hodson is off-line
07 May 2012 13:34
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I would say no - as it is better to be safe then sorry!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Stu Buckland is off-line
07 May 2012 13:43
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

Now all we need is a 'maybe' and we have the complete set!

PG_Photographic is off-line
07 May 2012 14:39
PG_Photographic
Photographer

Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Depends on what office you work in. Does that count as a maybe?

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
07 May 2012 15:18
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Maybe or then again maybe not, dependent on the viewer.
If in doubt mark as Unsafe and that way few could object.
That is what the advice on the Image Upload Page recommends..
~~~~~~~~

07 May 2012 18:08
tomwhipp
Photographer

As someone who has to deal with workplace (mis)use from time to time, unfortunatly there isn't a simple answer as every case is judged independantly and it is very dependant on office culture and line manager.

A personal perspective is that I'd view that image as office safe - I think its as explicit as a ballet perfomance (by which I mean that the focus of the image is purely on form and that nothing appears to be on show).

What I would say is that in an office where it could be considered unsafe, I'd have thought simply accessing PS in any way would be likely to be viewed as inappropriate and the status of that one image is probably neither here nor there.

Tim Pile is off-line
08 May 2012 02:42
timbham
Photographer
timbham
Birmingham

Quote from ForumModerator
Maybe or then again maybe not, dependent on the viewer.
If in doubt mark as Unsafe and that way few could object.
That is what the advice on the Image Upload Page recommends..

I think erring on the side of caution is probably best, which is what I currently do. 

Quote from tomwhipp
 What I would say is that in an office where it could be considered unsafe, I'd have thought simply accessing PS in any way would be likely to be viewed as inappropriate and the status of that one image is probably neither here nor there.

I think you're probably right there Tom, fortunately everyone at work knows about my hobby, so before work and during lunchtime I'm pretty free to access PS, whereas I'm also sure it'd be a dismissable offence elsewhere.

Profile Pictures is off-line
08 May 2012 04:10
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Lovely port though.

Phil_M is off-line
08 May 2012 04:16
Phil_M
Photographer
Phil_M
Greater Manchester
Stockport

A further comment from me on the safe or not safe debate will contribute nothing but I have to say, I love the image

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
coturnix rembrandt rscott360