Reminder Secure

TFCD arrangements..

03 May 2012 07:46
spikey19872007
Photographer

Quote from Chrissie_Red
This is usually an excuse given by those who can't edit.

I remember a dude posting up nudes of a very cold looking model in the wilderness - she had the corned beef legs going on/knicker and bra strap lines/spots and a beer can on the ground below her..

xx

Just pure lazy both as a photographer and editing, the likes of bra straps you can move, ugly objects you can move out of shot too the latter of the time.
The question of cold looking skin etc is a relativly easy fix, as if softening /cleaning out patchy skin,, 

As to the TF~ bit, edited images only, tend to forward them as editing, some times I edit as a batch, I experiment too so some times models find a photo in the inbox months later, and I would think 2 weeks is acceptable time scale fitting in around other work, I say a wedding takes me 3 weeks (well can do it over 2>3 days)

And have no problem being asked where the results are, if they dont ask they cant know, only time I have had an irritation is (and this was a once off) asking where the photos are hours after shooting and then constand messages.
I don't bite, that's the dogs job. www.barrydawsonphotography.co.uk

Darren Brade is off-line
30 May 2012 17:01
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
London
London

Hi, it can vary from photographer to photographer, the key is to keep in touch. For me it depends on the number of shoots, whether they are just edited or if they are retouched.

The problem you're having with some of the images coming back un-retouched is because of the confusion between 'editing' and 'retouching'.

Generally, 'editing' is the process of selecting the best images from a shoot and minor altering it, which sometimes includes minor blemish and spot removal. 'Retouching' is more advanced than editing, includes skin smoothing, evening out, etc. 'High-end' retouching is what you normally see in print.

Yes people can smooth skin in minutes, and often it looks that way, good retouching doesn't leave a model looking plastic and can take up to 6 hours or more per picture (takes me longer because I'm pretty new to retouching, my current port is out of date when it comes to my current abilities).

You really need to be clear that you need your pictures retouching, and show your port as an example of what you need, if they don't have the ability (not all photographers are retouchers, that's a completely seperate skill), then you are better to get hi-res unedit pictures and give them to a retoucher.

Hope this helps.

Darren x
www.darrenbrade.com

01 June 2012 21:20
Tansy_Blue
Model

I try and prevent this by seeking out models the photographer has traded with in the past and asking if they got their images promptly and as agreed. I've refused to shoot trade once or twice in the past because previous models said they'd never given images, or had given poorly edited images very slowly.

Also, I've found that part paid arrangements have consistently resulted in me never getting images (or else only getting 1 or 2 when we agreed more than that). I guess photographers don't feel an obligation to work on the images because they've already paid you, albeit at a reduced rate.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 June 2012 03:34
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Tansy_Blue
Also, I've found that part paid arrangements have consistently resulted in me never getting images (or else only getting 1 or 2 when we agreed more than that). I guess photographers don't feel an obligation to work on the images because they've already paid you, albeit at a reduced rate.

Even for full TF, as SMILESPHOTO said earlier,  I am too keen to see the results to keep myself waiting - so why keep the model waiting.  It might take me a couple of days to finish them - but I would normally expect to get the first ones to her the same day.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
DareMeDD ElleLaura Hann kategrimsby MissCaraJane VictoriaClaire
antoinewynn diphoto dorrian hardik79 hjphoto iDubai2018 jimbob Kjoservices MIB normant orca_photography read redbaron rod_m99 siclews skymouse stevegosh Thunder_Photos zzdigital