TFCD arrangements..

Jade_M is off-line
02 May 2012 09:54
jmacACCA
Model
jmacACCA
Greater Manchester
Smithills, Bolton

I've read a lot on here about photgraphers struggling to book TFCD models and also about how they can be unreliable.

However, I have worked TFCD on lots of occasions and whilst mainly I have had no problems,  one issue I've had is getting the images back.

Even though clearly agreed timescales etc.. have been agreed from the outset, I find myself not wanting to appear 'pushy' when requesting images....also, when I do get some back (not all, as agreed) they have simply been cropped and not actually re-touched..

Has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe I just need to toughen up!

Arielle Moon is off-line
02 May 2012 10:02
CassandraFreeman
Model
CassandraFreeman
West Sussex
Horsham

Hey

I have had the same problem if it helps you can check out my thread:

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=234991

My new website ^.^ : http://raspberryjammodel.com/

KHV is off-line
02 May 2012 10:02
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Looking at it from the other side of the camera. I know when I do a shoot that I will have to edit the images afterwards but never on the same day as the shoot.

So I make time to edit the images the next day whenever possible (sometimes other things get in the way) but my workflow is very good, and I can get the images in the post, or available as a download within 36 hours normally.

I do explain that I'm not going to edit every image, just the good ones, although I do provide a copy of all the images taken but they are just for reference and never fully edited.

I also do two copies, one for web & one for print.

Perhaps you are working with those challenged by the Photoshop experience.

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 May 2012 10:15
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Keltica
 Perhaps you are working with those challenged by the Photoshop experience.

Or so good they claim to "get it right in camera"  (but fail! smiley)
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Jade_M is off-line
02 May 2012 10:18
jmacACCA
Model
jmacACCA
Greater Manchester
Smithills, Bolton

Yeah, a few photographers have told me that they prefer natural images etc.. but as i model I do believe that for certain shoots, editing is definitely required to get the best possible finished product..

Thank you all for your input

02 May 2012 10:33
xsab46
Photographer

I am editing a set from a photo session Monday at the moment. While I prefer to do as smaller amount of editing as possible as I do not like the feel of heavy post production, every single shot is edited. I usually aim to give the model about 30 shots from a 4 hour photo session and I email them in batches as I am editing them. This usually means that the model will have at least 10-15 photos within a day or two of the shoot. I always provide for TF unwatermarked photos in websize and larger. I am doing allot of TF at the moment, another shoot on friday and 3-4 more booked for the rest of the month already, so I need to stay on top of the image post processing.

Wes Halton is off-lineGold Member
02 May 2012 10:46
Cygnet
Photographer

Greater Manchester
Farnworth Bolton

I upload proofs onto a private website usually on the evening of the day the shoot takes place. I ask models to take at least 2- 3 days to choose images as I find it results in less changes that way, and I email edited images as each one is completed. I usually have all the images emailed out within 2 weeks from the selection being made. I will sometimes edit extra images to those agreed and email those out as and when I finish them, maybe even 12 months in some cases !

Jade_M is off-line
02 May 2012 12:23
jmacACCA
Model
jmacACCA
Greater Manchester
Smithills, Bolton

I hasten to add that this does not refer to recent shoots

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
02 May 2012 14:25
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

If your busy earning a living TF edits go to the back of the queue.

But saying that I always try to get them a PDF to look at within 2 days of the shoot.

Rich G is off-line
02 May 2012 15:33
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

I always promise models they'll have their images within 2-3 days but they normally have the first ones within a few hours as I'm always so keen to see them myself!!
HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bluelah DanielleWx Kacie RoxyMendez Zadi
63jian AndiCallen dave@studio99 david1500 djb1 hylander jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto johnnytog Keithhendy Ladiesman LGI nickdandalos peteb photosareu redbaron Rhadamanthus Rupert Spiritofwales Stoker thelook zprangz