Reminder Secure

The Chandos, London - a reunion?!

This thread is being watched by 3 people
26 April 2012 16:10
JEBPhotography
Photographer

Hi!

Now then, many years ago Mark Leuty and I organised a series of rather raucous networking evenings where models, photographers and creatives met at the somewhat-of-a-dive Chandos pub, just off Trafalgar Square

Does anyone remember them?

I do, just.

Binky, Holly and many others might do too!

Fast forwarding to 2012, I discovered that the Chandos is literally a stone's throw away from a much more excellent pub, The Harp.

So, cutting to the chase, is there an appetite out there for a Chandos Reunion, even if we relocate to somewhere with much better beer?

New folk would, of course, be very welcome indeed.  It's a great chance for the creative community to meet up, swap stories and ideas, and hopefully plan new collaborations.

wink

Jaye  is off-line
26 April 2012 16:14
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

They had their last meet in The Chandos...keep up!
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
26 April 2012 16:15
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from JEBPhotography
Does anyone remember them?

I just about remember the meet at Chandos a few weeks back  on Maundy Thursday.
Don't remember you being there tough.
Bob

26 April 2012 16:19
JEBPhotography
Photographer

Quote from jessicard
They had their last meet in The Chandos...keep up!

What, who, how, when?!?!?!?!

Edit - just found the thread!

26 April 2012 16:30
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

is there an appetite out there for a Chandos Reunion, even if we relocate to somewhere with much better beer?

Where could be better than a Sam Smith's pub in London selling Old Brewery Bitter at Yorkshire prices?
(My CAMRA award-winning micropub local excepted)
Bob

26 April 2012 16:34
JEBPhotography
Photographer

Quote from Bob
Where could be better than a Sam Smith's pub in London selling Old Brewery Bitter at Yorkshire prices?
(My CAMRA award-winning micropub local excepted)
Bob

Talking of CAMRA...this is The Harp I speak of... http://www.harpcoventgarden.com/  

And they have a quietish room upstairs 

26 April 2012 16:57
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

And they have a quietish room upstairs

And they also have Covent Garden prices and the upstairs room is a bit on the pokey side, even if you are lucky enough to get it to yourself.

I've quaffed in there many times over the years, though equally there have been many times that it has been too busy to even get to the bar so I've gone round the corner to the Lemon Tree instead. That pub also has an upstairs room but it is even more pokey, but it doesn't get as busy as the Harp, which the CID from Charing Cross nick use as their local.
Bob

26 April 2012 17:00
JEBPhotography
Photographer

Quote from Bob
And they also have Covent Garden prices and the upstairs room is a bit on the pokey side, even if you are lucky enough to get it to yourself.

I've quaffed in there many times over the years, though equally there have been many times that it has been too busy to even get to the bar so I've gone round the corner to the Lemon Tree instead. That pub also has an upstairs room but it is even more pokey, but it doesn't get as busy as the Harp, which the CID from Charing Cross nick use as their local.
Bob

Tell you what then, we meet in the Chandos and I'll nip down to the Harp to buy my pints cheeky  Didn't realise that it was a CID pub!  Must watch out for that!

Right then, when's a good Thursday evening soonish?

26 April 2012 17:15
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Right then, when's a good Thursday evening soonish?

Speak to Tansy_Blue. She's been trying to twist my arm. It's unlikely that I'll be in London much now until after the five ring circus has gone as I've got a rather packed work diary.

Bob

Phil is off-line
27 April 2012 01:39
Phillipa87
Model
Phillipa87
Hampshire
Aldershot

Count me in guys! The last meet was wicked and at least now I'm not ill!!

Phil
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself"

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
HazelAries Satrina
AegeanSoft Andy_B BrianE Camerawerks cgwebster chazphotos cliffc dorrian Eaphotography GatorBoi GGDP_Photography grahamsphotography JRsPhotography philippahh Redbaron rscott360 STUDIOMERLIN thelook Weedy