Reminder Secure

Waxing

25 April 2012 22:39
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

Just a quick question as I'm pretty useless when it comes to beauty products.

I've got myself some wax for doing brazillians at home, you just put it on, wait 30 seconds or so, for it to dry a bit, then wax off, you only need the wax which is pretty cool.

How can I stop it hurting so much? I know it pulls the hairs from the root and should leave the area hair free for 4 weeks but holy SarahTakahashi is a naughty person , it hurts.

Anyone got any remedies on making this less painful?

Thanks.

Heather is off-lineGold Member
26 April 2012 05:52
PurpleHeather
Model
PurpleHeather
Hampshire
Southampton/Fareham

When I first started waxing I use to take pain killers half an hour or so before and it kind of helped a bit. Also if you pull the skin tight it helps and also makes it easier. After a few months of doing it though it doesn't tend to hurt as much. I'm not sure if it's because the hair gets weaker or if it's just because you get use to it. I get it done professionally now and although it's more expensive, it's not as bad when someone else does it because you don't know when it's going to pull. Just persevere and it will get better!

26 April 2012 06:13
Socialdisaster
Photographer

My partner gets it done professionally, once every three weeks or so, for 40 quid. She thinks the home kits are utter crap for more delicate areas - it is, to an extent, a skilled profession.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Jodie Ellen is off-lineSilver Member
26 April 2012 07:20
JodieEllen
Model
JodieEllen
Kent

I used to wax professionally.
I suggest a warm flannel applies first, make sure the area is dry before applying wax.
Hold the skin either side of the wax strip so it's tight. This will stop Brusing, if u just pull the strip off whitout stretching the skin it will hurt like hell!
Have fun lol x

26 April 2012 22:01
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

I'll go with a pro, I have tried it on a small area, pulled the skin taunt, took codiene, used warm flannel, cried like a bitch.

27 April 2012 16:45
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Definitely hurts less when done by a professional. I've been waxed properly a few times and it stung but wasn't too bad. Then my bf bought me a top of the range epilator for Christmas
That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (even did my own brazilian)... but then I let it grow back a bit too much and was too scared to get the epilator on it. SO I bought a home waxing kit to redo my brazilian - yowch!  It hurt me for about 2 days!

Definitely going to maintain it with the epilator again now. (the more you do it the less it hurts)

David Hunt Images is off-lineSilver Member
28 April 2012 12:48
DavidHunt
Photographer
DavidHunt
Hampshire
Portsmouth

You're supposed to pull the strips off in the opporsite direction that the hair grows (apparantly )
www.davidhuntimages.co.uk www.themakeoverstudio.com

Clyde Armitage is off-line
28 April 2012 13:09
clyde
Photographer

London

a general anesthetic means you wont feel a thing lol

28 April 2012 14:51
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

I was doing that, you didn't get strips with it, you could just pull the wax off, stung like hell. :/

Lol, Clyde.

Gunna Google what an Epilator is.

David Hunt Images is off-lineSilver Member
29 April 2012 04:43
DavidHunt
Photographer
DavidHunt
Hampshire
Portsmouth

It rips your hair out
www.davidhuntimages.co.uk www.themakeoverstudio.com

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Dadshouse12 pinklilly ryansd
63jian ALANOMNIA Blancho ChrisNewton cliffc colinpierce david1500 davidn diphoto FotoAuto freddie gperl gwentman keltica lify Mattcairns mike0048 moorlane Philski poah redbaron shadowtime74 silksky Skystudio Steveh32 swalsh58 tonyk1 wacTony