Image viewer issues

PJA Media is off-line
23 April 2012 15:00
PJAMedia
Photographer
PJAMedia
Strathclyde
Glasgow

I am browsing images in a models portfolio and typing a comment. For some bizarre reason the page keeps moving to the next image in the portfolio - really annoying when I am trying to type! I do find that a back arrow takes me back to the prevuous image with my message still present in the comments box, but continually it keeps jumping to the following image. I am on a Macbook running Lion and Safari 5.1.5

Cheers, Paul A

PJA Media is off-line
19 July 2012 10:45
PJAMedia
Photographer
PJAMedia
Strathclyde
Glasgow

OK, as no one has responded yet, so I had another look.

Firstly, this is not a Mac issue as I had previously suggested, as it happens in windows also. It looks like a design flaw/ommission in the javascript for the image viewer page. These are the bug details:

A feature of the image viewer is that using the forward and back arrows, you can page through the images one by one. This functionality is also present when you are typing a comment in the comments field for an image, and so if you make a mistake and want to move the cursor using the arrow keys - then hey-presto, you are moved to the next/prev image in the portfolio half way through your comment amendment.

I'm sure its a simple one for Matt to bypass the cursor functionality if the notes field hs the cursor. Alternatively, a modal popup window for entering or editing comments, instead of the embedded window on the image viewer page, making sure the cursor functionality is disabled whilst the popup is displayed.

Cheers, Paul

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessica_Knight JessicaAnnahModel kaysy Kitty_1 princesscara
Argentiq david1500 djb1 eosfan Essexjohn gordon kizer michael_cameraman mlp moritz78 nemesis orca_photography paddyg panda49 peteb Platidonio redbaron siclews steveh32 Stevew1 Stewart1988 swalsh58 tms