21 April 2012 06:07
2BridgesPhotography
Photographer
2BridgesPhotography
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Hi Folks,

Question to all you lovely models cool
I have some ideas for some shoots based around Masquerade /Burlesque - for which I'm looking to buy very specific items in a range of colours & styles
without being insulting to any of the slightly larger ladies x would I be ok if I generally purchased these items in a size 8 -10 .
My thinking being that (with basques/corsets as an example) it is easier to let things out slightly than try to make them smaller.......

Comments please (please remember i'm a guy lol - so hopefully i've my question nicely...)cheeky

Regards

steve
aka Spanner
x

21 April 2012 06:30
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

I think it'd be easier to let things out slightly than make them smaller, yes.

I buy props/clothing at sizes 10, generally "fits all" I've found.

The only thing is be careful with models who lie about their size, I'm not meaning to be nasty here but I have a size 10/12 wedding dress, as I tell models it's a large 10, a small 12 and it's made for a smaller bust (smaller than a D cup) and I've had a couple of models almost not fit into it properly and bleat "but I'm the right size!!!!!" when the dress suggests otherwise. It's maybe worth meeting the models first to see if the clothing fits them properly, then you can decide whether you can shoot or not. I wish I'd done this, so I learnt my lesson.

I could wear size 12 jeans and maybe button them up, if I sucked in and didn't want to breath/sit/move, that doesn't make me a size 12 though, if you get what I mean?

2BridgesPhotography is off-line
21 April 2012 06:59
2BridgesPhotography
Photographer
2BridgesPhotography
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Quote from SarahTakahashi
I think it'd be easier to let things out slightly than make them smaller, yes. I buy props/clothing at sizes 10, generally "fits all" I've found. The only thing is be careful with models who lie about their size, I'm not meaning to be nasty here but I have a size 10/12 wedding dress, as I tell models it's a large 10, a small 12 and it's made for a smaller bust (smaller than a D cup) and I've had a couple of models almost not fit into it properly and bleat "but I'm the right size!!!!!" when the dress suggests otherwise. It's maybe worth meeting the models first to see if the clothing fits them properly, then you can decide whether you can shoot or not. I wish I'd done this, so I learnt my lesson. I could wear size 12 jeans and maybe button them up, if I sucked in and didn't want to breath/sit/move, that doesn't make me a size 12 though, if you get what I mean?

Thanks for that sad
Think it might be difficult to meet lots of models first to try and make sure they will fit the clothes!! (although my social life might take a major boost.lol)

21 April 2012 08:01
N_A_Photography
Photographer

Most the stuff I've brought has been size 6 to 10 depending on whole big it looks so I reckon size 8 to 10 should be fine
WWW.NIKKALAADES.COM

21 April 2012 11:22
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

Lol, what I meant was when booking a model and you've finalised the times/date/where to meet, etc, see if she'll try some of the clothes before hand, just in case.

You don't have to but for things like wedding dresses, as I have learnt, it's probably wiser to do beforehand in case it doesn't and you can come up with a plan B.

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
infinitelizzy JodieEllen MissCaraJane
andygstudios Argentiq bbphotos BOBREEVES bradder chandos chicimages daseinphoto Dave@studio99 Daveinsurrey david1500 djb1 EdT Essexjohn GlasgowPhotographer Ianmcculloch James7799 JRFox Ladiesman liteangle magpie1 mamamiya markeos50d Matt1988 orca_photography panda49 redbaron skymouse Sp_digital stevegosh Steveharratt Thunder_Photos
matt