Read this before getting your headshots taken

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Callum King is off-line
18 April 2012 15:24
BTL
Photographer
BTL
London

This is a headshot article I wrote for actors and models about getting your headshots done, written from the perspective of the photographer.  My blog audience is still very small, so I'm coming here to put the word out. 

I'm a headshot photographer in the US.
bradlinton.com

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
18 April 2012 16:03
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

It might be useful to include a link to some of your headshots....

I've done it for you:

http://dallasheadshotfactory.com/headshots/
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

KHV is off-line
18 April 2012 16:43
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Or http://dallasheadshotfactory.com/headshots/

KHV is off-line
18 April 2012 16:43
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

And I wonder whether it's really relevant in the UK?

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
18 April 2012 17:14
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

It's not really relevant to internet modelling.

18 April 2012 17:39
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

How do you insert a live link?

I still can't do it!

Profile Pictures is off-line
18 April 2012 20:47
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

'In the US' eh! Gosh.

With only 313 million potential blog readers on your continent, I can see why you'd want to advertise here.

Callum King is off-line
18 April 2012 21:21
BTL
Photographer
BTL
London

Quote from profilepictures
'In the US' eh! Gosh. With only 313 million potential blog readers on your continent, I can see why you'd want to advertise here.

I totally understand your point of view.  I love Purestorm, and have been lurking here for years.  The tone of the conversation here is much better (positive, helpful) than on domestic forums.  Americans too easily fall into bickering wars and mean spirited comments.

I spent (only) 6 months in Essex, at Uni of Essex, in 2005 and fell in love with British culture as a result.  My flatmates would do this 'crazy' thing where they would, you know... actually cook dinner... then sit around the dinner table talking.  Ha.  I was so conditioned to heat something up in the microwave and go back to my computer (even in 2005), that I found this behavior to be strange and wonderful.  I keep in touch with my flatmates from Essex to this day.

To be honest, I'm trying to grow my business and I am hungry.  Hungry for all that life has to offer me.  And I have put in probably 6-8 hours on each blog article I've written, only to have no one to show them too.  So, yes, I'm an American advertising my stupid article on a British site.  But I'm doing it because I want people to see my work, and for those people to get something positive from it.  I will continue to make my efforts available for public consumption both here in Dallas, Texas USA and in England.

-B
bradlinton.com

18 April 2012 23:33
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Quote from BTL
I totally understand your point of view.  I love Purestorm, and have been lurking here for years.  The tone of the conversation here is much better (positive, helpful) than on domestic forums.  Americans too easily fall into bickering wars and mean spirited comments...

Welcome. Nice to hear from you.

You may have mised a couple of recent forum threads though... Not always sweetness and light, but still good entertainment value:

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=235671

18 April 2012 23:37
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

and 

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=235671

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Donna654321 ElleLaura
davidhunt diphoto George99 RenedeHaan VB_Photo viewphotographic