This thread is being watched by 2 people
Chrissie Red is off-line
13 April 2012 13:59
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I use nivea aftershave balm for men, its the only thing which seems to stop me itching.

13 April 2012 14:16
allegra
Model

I'm telling you now, Sudocrem!!!

When I have back to back shoots and I have to keep shaving I literally smother myself in the stuff, stink like a bast*rd, and am happily rash free. Just wallop it on after you're done shaving. Works for me!

13 April 2012 14:53
Vas
Model

A bit of cream deodorant (dove or something like that) right after you've dried off - works a charm.

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
13 April 2012 20:27
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

Palmolive sensitive shaving cream.

Then E45 cream.

Claire Shipman is off-line
14 April 2012 04:31
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Shave with gentle hair conditioner, this keeps the skin mouisturised and apply sudocreme as suggested above works a treat on the bikini line I particular gets rid of lumps and bumps and the soreness

Freya is off-line
14 April 2012 04:59
ZombieCandy
Model
ZombieCandy
Gloucestershire

I get the same problem too and Ive been using rescue oil and it look so much better. Ive always used the best razors, best shaving gel and they dont seem to make much difference but the rescue oil has done wonders

Ray Brown is off-line
12 January 2013 18:25
capturingmemories
Photographer

London
Woolwich

a hot blade will also improve the efficiency of the shave

Jenelle_James is off-line
12 January 2013 18:29
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

seriously use a man blade. womens blades make me look like freddy kruger, a mans mac 3 or quatro does wonders and doesnt cut either

Razoir is off-line
12 January 2013 18:47
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

I was taught to shave dry using talcum powder. Used to take the back off the disposable razor to expose a very good Wilkinson Sword blade which was then used like a cut-throat. Yes, I am specifically talking pubic shaves. Have done hundreds of people like that and never had a problem.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
11 April 2013 14:47
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

I would suggest that eEven when using a brand new razor boil it in a mug of water before use.

The razor has been made in China, shipped to a port, spent 6 weeks on a ship, 2 months in a warehouse before it got to the shop.

Despite the packaging it may still need to be sterilized.

Also I use running hot water whilst shaving.

I never just use a sink on the basis that I would be cleaning the razor in dirty water and not getting rid of the bacteria.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

11 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_Janine Krystald michelledefeo1 Welshrose2009
AhmedAshour Auctioneer BOBREEVES darimages dave@studio99 Lssm2 rscott360